09-18-2008: we hit bottom today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by polpolik, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Imba

Imba

A crazy day to remember - yep.
    Was is a market bottom for indexes - deff it wasnt.

Im 90% sure that dow will hit 9500-9700 closer to a New Year. Todays 80 tps SnP spread... its not because markets was cured with 1 move, i bet its just a new variant of panic was revealed today.

All these "gov-ment rules and interfeerences" onto free market only leads to the worser moves in the future.

1)Unexpected key rate cut in 2Q of the year - lead to a drop after 2 days later.

2)FF-FF bailout - same thing.

And now what? The goverment with countless trillions debd, state "we will save everyone"..... and? do u rly believe that they resolve at least 1 financial issue by that todays move?

#11     Sep 18, 2008
  2. No idea if all problems are solved with todays rally.. all I know is the market will bottom way before all problems are solved. Today or in 6 months or in 6 years.

#12     Sep 18, 2008
  3. im 90% sure we wont be under 10000 by new years.

who cares if nothing was changed today. markets historically rally hard in times like these.

just because most people 'believe' its different this time doesnt mean there is going to be a disaster in equities. i may be wrong but i dont care im going with history.

if we have a new precedent then fine looks like im getting stopped out at 1080 for -70 ES points :)

PS: im not actually 90% sure more like 60-70% which is fine as my risk is -70 points and my reward is +250 or higher

#13     Sep 18, 2008
  4. I bought when NDX (not NQ) was in the 1620. And I took a 3 hours sleep!

#14     Sep 18, 2008
  5. Well, there will always be problems in the markets but there is a concerted effort to fix the markets ~ this year has been terrible for most world markets. This isn't just the problem of the US or China ~ I'm not going to fight the Central banks and their money machine.

I'm not going to say I'm a seer and that I saw this days before. But today's action and the bearish sentiment across the board was a very good indication of a bounce.

HSI this morning surprised me, too, with its own 1600 point rally from the bottom. There are buyers and selling has already been exhausted. I doubt we'll see 1140 anytime soon. I see a rally from here until the end of the year for the big Santa Claus rally.

For future reference, here's the ISEE sentiment index:
    http://www.iseoptions.com/WebForm/viewPage.aspx?categoryId=126&header3=true&menu0=true

#15     Sep 18, 2008
  6. how can you relate the solving of massive fundamental problems with the economy with the buying and selling of speculative instruments during one 6 1/2 hour trading day?

I think you are getting trading mixed up with macroeconomics?

#16     Sep 18, 2008
  7. Daal

Daal

yeah so true. I came back expecting to see the 10y yielding 2% the yen on parity with the dollar and fff implying 0% for the next 5 years :cool:

#17     Sep 18, 2008
  8. TYtrader

TYtrader

Maybe a day early. Interesting VIX today, with a high and low range of 9 points. When it has happened before, it was at a selling climax. link to article/charts

http://whatstrading.com/vix-and-v-shapes/

#18     Sep 18, 2008