008Trader.com ???

Discussion in 'Options' started by Crevalle, Mar 5, 2005.

1. qtip

qtip

#21     Mar 29, 2005
  2. Whoa, thanks I didn't see those before. C-3 has made a total of $25 in the last 4 months? With a $2,462 drawdown? Am I reading this right?

Then they say this: "E-MIni S&P - Four Minutes: Moving below the five-minute bars used by the overwhelming majority of small traders can help buffer ourselves against the self-induced volatility that can cause spurious signals in the ES five minute charts"

And the 4-min results are $2037 in the last 4 months, but with a $2,237 drawdown? They can't be serious.

I hope these results are WITH commissions/slippage!! Did you see these results before you bought this? Just trying to help!
    -Thomas

#22     Mar 29, 2005
  3. qtip

qtip

Yes, of course I have seen the results. Yes, the drawdowns are there, but I haven't gotten close to it yet. Also, these are systems so there are going to be losing periods. The key for me is also to create over the long term, not 3 months, or just 6 months. Keep in mind, it is based off one contract. Doesn't seem like much, but I have talked to the developer and he has made it clear there has been no optimization to fit equity curves been done to the systems. As you may know, many system developers optimize to the point where the results are so great that they cannot be achieved.

I am in a big believer in thinking outstide the box and I believe this accomplishes it for me. Everyone trades and trading is different. So far so good, I can't complain. I have now have systems that work on any market inlcuding stocks, commodities, options, and futures...

Portfolio diversification is the key for me.

I

#23     Mar 29, 2005
  4. The free stock picks report rocked on friday. 008trader.com called a list of shorts and I decided to try shorting half of them. Made my week (made 4%)!! Overall the gold system was breakeven for the week.
    -Thomas

#24     Apr 10, 2005
  5. qtip

qtip

Please post the list of stocks for shorts.

Also, please post the ones that you shorted with entry and exit.

And even better, an account statements showing this:)

:D

#25     Apr 10, 2005
  6. empee

empee

on their performance report and it didnt make sense they recorded each trade as if you used 100% capital ( iknow daytime bp is 4x) but there were more than 4 trades at a time?? However, they recorded all the trades as 100% capital used (ie you'd exhuast your bp after 4 concurrent trades)

Not bad!! Wait, we’re not done. Did we mention the returns? To say that the 008 system appreciates your capital is a bit of an understatement. In 2004 alone, the 008 system produced a whopping 937% return. $10,000 invested in the beginning of 2004, would have returned $93,700!!!!

http://www.008trader.com/advantage.php

#26     Apr 10, 2005
  7. Qtip,

Here was the list from their newsletter....this is just copy and paste:

Anyways, its free so I have no complaints! :) I sign up for many newsletters (mostly free ones, unless they have proof of their trades) and always cross reference them for interesting signals. FYI, this newsletter was just started by them so I don't know the history or anything, I don't even know how they generate their signals. Their bronze system did great this week (8.5% I think) but the gold was breakeven. I think it is very interesting that you can subscribe to different versions -- I have noticed that the bronze version seems to do well when the gold doesn't and vice versa.
    -Thomas

#27     Apr 10, 2005
  8. Just thought I'd give an update...I made close to 10% this week which was a new record for me :) Would have been higher if I had followed all of the 008trader signals. I think the system this week made over 20%. Insane.
    -Thomas

#28     Apr 16, 2005
  9. Thomas, how do you (or anyone) follow all the signals, I took a look at their track record and it would be virtually impossible to handle all those trades with any degree of accuracy. Some days looks like a 50 round trip trades! And do those results factor commission/slippage? :confused:

#29     Apr 25, 2005
  10. zman,

It is fairly easy to place every order you need before the bell. The 008 system is designed to work for people who don't want to babysit their positions all day. They have a complete guide on how to place all the orders in the members section.

Those results are usually very close to my actual results. Commissions do hit you but if you get a good commish rate you should be fine. Make sure you get a broker that charges per share, not per ticket.

This week again the gold and bronze systems were opposite results. Its very interesting, but I have no idea why. Maybe it is random, but who cares...the great thing about having lots of systems to crosscheck (which is what I do) is that you will have a convergence on certain stocks, which usually end up being the bigger winners.

Anyways, good luck!

#30     Apr 26, 2005