008Trader.com ???

Discussion in 'Options' started by Crevalle, Mar 5, 2005.

1. I have subscribed to the free newsletter...will let you know how it does.
    -Thomas

#11     Mar 20, 2005
  2. Last week pretty much blew. I'm still up from a month ago, but March has been tough on the 008 system. How is commando doing?
    -Thomas

#12     Mar 28, 2005
  3. qtip

qtip

Going pretty well. The thing with Commando is that you are able to choose your time frame in reference to your risk level. So, if you don't have enough for overnight margin, then you can use a 4 or 8 min. chart and close at the end of the day. Unlike 008 systems, you do have some power over the time frames and instruments you would like to trade. They actually have a new website now. Looks much better:)

#13     Mar 28, 2005
  4. Cool. What instruments have you found the commando stuff to be worthwhile to trade on? One thing I liked about the 008 system was that they gave me all of the past trades, so I knew what I was getting into.
    -Thomas

#14     Mar 28, 2005
  5. qtip

qtip

I believe you can choose the system and then there are performance histories based off Tradestation. I asked about this also but they explained because you can choose the time frame (i.e. Daily, 3 min chart), it is impossible to have trade histories for every time frame and every instrument.

I have found the eminis on either 8 or 4 mins. to be the best. Once my account gets larger, then I will look to swing trade the eminis. Also, you can do stock so you might do it in your 401k.

Good luck!

#15     Mar 28, 2005
  6. Ok, so how does the eminis on either 8 or 4 mins turn out, say for the last few years? Can you post the TS results here?

Thanks!
    -Thomas

#16     Mar 28, 2005
  7. qtip

qtip

Sorry, I don't have time to do that. You should contact them yourself.

#17     Mar 28, 2005
  8. You mean you are trading without backtesting? I would recommend backtesting ANYTHING you are considering trading. Don't take anyone's word for any kind of system.
    -Thomas

#18     Mar 28, 2005
  9. qtip

qtip

No, I always backtest and forward test. I just don't have time to post the last couple of years for you. I was just stating it would be better to contact them for performance reviews.

Keep in mind also what type of trading are you going to be doing?
    If you are intra-day trading, i would suggest not to look further back than 6 months. If you are position trading, then 1 - 1 1/2 years should suffice.

Good luck!

#19     Mar 28, 2005
  10. Post whatever backtesting you did already...it would help all of us out!
    -Thomas

#20     Mar 29, 2005