0 Commission vs Commission discussion

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WCOMtrader, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Pretty much explains why the ranges are turning to shit nowdays.

Thats why I'm stopping trading based on bids and offers, especially shorts. Just doesnt work anymore.

#21     Oct 16, 2003
  2. I see why you're AnonymousTrader.

I wouldn't want to reveal myself either if my spelling skills were as pathetic as yours. An uneducated moron like yourself wouldn't understand my point.

Good luck with your penguin mating and solar eclipse trading technique, idiot.

#22     Oct 16, 2003
  3. Oh absolutely!!!

I had to switch to this style - as a defensive tactic! Right now you will drain yourself trying to trade as it used to be. That's why I think the 0 comm deal is very good - as defense. When everthing picks up and moves are more defined then sure, trade the way it were. But now, I don't know.

But I got a question for you, why especially shorts?

#23     Oct 16, 2003
  4. Oooh, so you've learned how to hit the "check spelling button."

Next step: the thesaraus! May be some day - you will be able to call everyone idiots - you will learn how to use the translations and be able to write backwards!

But what does that have to do with trading?
    And what if my penguin technique is better than yours? If it is - then I'm a genius and you're a worthless piece of nothing. But don't worry - I haven't perfected my penguin-eclipse approach so you still have a chance - or at least time....

Now, a message to all:::::

THE ONLY WAY TO JUDGE A TRADING METHODOLOGY IS BY PROFITABILY AND CONSISTENCY!

this is not math: there is no need for an "elegant system."

Therefore - the tools that help you trade your way, that is consistant and profitable, are good. WCOMtrader has described a scenario that works with this style. He didn't obviously explain all the quirks, nor is he propogating that this is the only style.
    Its a style that works.
    Period.

#24     Oct 16, 2003
  5. real traders dont flip size for a penny all day long.....thats a stupid and stressful game- wait until you get screwed for 10-15 cents on a 10K order when all day long you have been flipping it for 2 cents, there goes your whole day.....

#25     Oct 16, 2003

6. Lol. Ok some people never long. How about this:

All of us who trade this way are stupid. We are all stressed out. Thats why we vacation once every two weeks in club med and drive Benzes. Its a stupid way to make money, its not real trading, and we are rich. And our firm(s) do not share the same fate as Worldco, Heartland, Broadway...

Loosing 10 cents on 15k sucks - but its only 1500 which is not much. And the guys who are good will never loose that many cents. And even if they did - the day is far from gone.

But thats right, we are stupid you are smart.

#26     Oct 16, 2003
  7. lol, WCOM trader, you are so arrogant its rediculous. if you can make money on that plan, more power to you, its just not my game.........I'm not calling anyone stupid though, whatever it takes to make money is what you gotta do- i guess soon you will own the world flipping your 1-lots for a penny in WCOM :p

ps- great grammar- "some people never long"

#27     Oct 16, 2003
  8. I guess WCOMTrader and AnonymousTrader went to the same grammar school! They're probably the same person anyway.

But hey...at least they're super rich because they lease Benzes and vacation at the super exclusive Club Med (while living in their parents' basement and eating Cup O' Noodles for dinner)!

ROFLMAO!!:D

#28     Oct 16, 2003
  9. So this is what it comes down to. Bad grammar, bad spelling....
    Being the same person.

This was not reason I started the thread.

Personally I give up. I don't care, I rather sit home, in my parent's basement, whom I adore very much, (unlike some who have been molested by theirs), eat my cup of noodles (better than some home cooking for some), be AnonymousTrader (unlike some being PiecesOfShit), flip worldcom for a cent (instead of flipping intel for a point) and own the world.

That's still not the point.
    I hope this discussion is over, and if you would like to continue it, lets do it in chit chat, or on the phone, or better yet in person.
    I will not entertain idiotic discussion - the discussion is commission. And right now, a lot of traders are getting screwed because they pay commission.

Your claims of superiority and of my stupidity does not help - so far your best shot was my grammar and my spelling. I certainly hope that this is my biggest problem.

#29     Oct 16, 2003
  10. Mecro

Mecro

Because everytime a sizeable short comes in it is either limited every 5-10 cents or gets taken out in one shot very quickly. If not that, the newbie hack scalpers barely let it move by constantly limiting out 1 penny below the offer or by starting to hack the offer because they made 2-3 cents, sometimes even while being 1 penny down.
    After commissions & bullets this becomes a very losing strategy, but a great churning strategy.

Just 6 months ago, however, it worked quite well.

Whenever large bids or offers show up now, the stocks barely move. Honestly, how can you blame the ones trading those big sizes, be it day trader or institutional when the newbie hacks are willing to churn and trade against each other instead of against the big orders.

But you see stocks make huge moves on very little shown size. I try to catch those now.

#30     Oct 16, 2003