I have bought Al Brooks' Trading Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Visaria, Sep 8, 2015.

1. k p

k p

I'm only replying to piss you off. :D

You seem to keep wanting to attack my character, as if you know my inner workings so well. Low... very low.

All this love and admiration for fortydraws makes me wonder what you have personally invested in this... hmmm. I mean when you consider that you made an encyclopedia of NoDoji's notes, she trades fundamentally differently from how 40D trades, so the two aren't really all that compatible in my opinion, and yet you are absolutely heart broken that he is gone. Hmmmm...

Once again, you have such a rigid opinion here. I hope in your own trading you can be a little more open because its dangerous to take one side and not be prepared to be completely wrong when price goes against you. :D Many people on here have taken note and appreciated the fact that what I pointed out was in fact a SIM trade that he made.

Your critical thinking skills need a tune up.

#751     Oct 1, 2015
  2. k p

k p

I would like to just share my opinion here zbestoch about your one post here. I know that in many other threads, you have been sharing, so this comment doesn't specifically apply to you, but if I was to take it out of context without being aware of your other posts, I would want to reply like this.

If all we ever had on ET was people sniffing around for something good, without contributing something good themselves, would there actually be anything here of value? I think the trouble we run into is when opinions are attacked, and neither side produces evidence, and yet the argument continues without any more relevant content, just empty words thrown around back and forth. I certainly appreciate when I see a member that I know posts great stuff chime in with their opinion. They don't have to defend it because their history provides the credentials, but its of course nice to see a knowledgeable trader weigh in on a discussion.

Redneck actually did this just yesterday in this thread about institutions and their use of TA. His answer, the fact that they make the TA which is exploitable is really all that needs to be said. He didn't stick around for an argument, but simply shared his view.

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...-use-ta-to-profit.294481/page-16#post-4186214

NoDoji's posts are also very classy. She is very facts based and gets right to the point without wasting time going back and forth, but shares her opinion about things that she agrees with and things she doesn't agree with.

#752     Oct 1, 2015
  3. dartmus

dartmus

Actually I have less invested in 40's return than others such as yourself. I no longer need him like you do for information I would just like to have him around ET because I like him, he's brilliant in case you didn't notice.

I'm not the one who posted the compilation of NoDoji's posts but she's certainly very generous and knowledgeable. I have tremendous respect for her. As to you, you've been on ignore for the longest time. It's only recently I removed that.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    #753     Oct 1, 2015
  4. dartmus

dartmus

You're the reason 40's no longer here. How's that working for you? Are you getting more out of his absence than what you were able to understand of what he posted while he was here? .. before you ran him off?

#754     Oct 1, 2015
  5. pauk

pauk

Why are people still pining over 40D? his posts are still here and he posted a fair bit. I doubt he had anything new to say. He's probably at trade2win now with DB
    It was just a matter of drawing a range. Top of the range could be a reversal point or a breakout point. Same with the bottom of the range.
    Then let people know a few hours later how he apparently played it. Simples.

#755     Oct 1, 2015
    fortydraws and k p like this.
  6. k p

k p

Gosh, you're absolutely right here and I had you confused with Datum.... very similar set of letters in your names, so this I must apologize for.

In regards to 40, if you say that the sole reason for why he is gone is me, well, that is just giving me too much power. If you actually go through every post of mine, you will see I started from asking questions, then doing some fact checking, getting suspicious, and when things weren't lining up, he started to get mad and nasty. In fact, he was swearing at me in a thread and I did complain to the moderators and they cleaned it up and banned him for a week from that thread.

Listen, if he didn't like where I was taking the discussion, all he had to do was not reply. I don't see how an expert trader killing it every day in the markets could get so wound up. If I was making 5-10k a day, or whatever he was, and someone argued with me, I wouldn't even reply to them. If they kept at it, I would ask the moderators to remove them from my thread. They are very good about that here in my opinion. Knowing you're making so much money would I think make you pretty chill in your life. All I did was ask questions when things didn't line up, and he had no answers. Other members even commented that I had legitimate questions... and its all in there if you cared to dig it up.

What I wanted to see was a bit more transparency, especially when he said he moves so easily in and out of hte market, so lets see those trades that are a scratch, but when I asked about this, he got extremely defensive and just called me a troll. I appreciate what he shared, but this wasn't justified in my opinion.

#756     Oct 1, 2015
  7. mess7777

mess7777

I can see many reasons in this thread alone why people would leave. The thread is supposed to be about a guy checking out Al Brooks' books and reporting back on the results. I wonder if there is any chance to take bickering to another forum thread , and leave this one to be what it was intended?

I am new to Elite Trader forum but so far almost every thread I have looked at becomes extremely negative.

#757     Oct 1, 2015
  8. k p

k p

Its good prep work for trading. You learn to spot what's important and when you see it, you jump on it. Much of what is posted, like in the markets, is made to take you in the wrong direction. :D

#758     Oct 1, 2015
  9. dartmus

dartmus

Anti-TA fanatics or legitimate posters? If you believe you were right then prove it. I'm very interested in truth but I've already read everything. What have I missed?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    #759     Oct 1, 2015
  10. k p

k p

Ok... boy.. this is quite the task. So first is this post, but sadly, its in reference to what DbPhoenix posted, and not 40D. Its by a member who remains quiet, but if you read enough of his posts, I think you can see that he doesn't post bullshit.

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/the-foresight-thread.290361/page-24#post-4120058

(there is of course also this thread which has the bulk of the arguments, but its really long to go through! LOL http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/the-trouble-with-scribbles.290602/)

There was another post exactly like this with reference to a chart that 40D drew up, where he said he shorted at some level marked on his chart, but earlier was a level slightly lower down, also marked as a level, that he didn't short at which had the same type of initial reversal. But I'm not sure if I can find that one.. let me try.

EDIT: Honestly, on second thought, its too much work to find it and I simply don't care enough.

In my mind, I think its unfortunate that 40D stopped posting, but I don't feel that my questions were wrong or should have caused him to stop posting. I had legitimate questions that could have been answered, and even if he thought I was a full blown troll, he could have asked the moderators to deal with me.

My only intent in this thread was to share my viewpoint since you were jumping on me so much, and I wanted to defend myself a little bit, but I simply don't care enough to take this any further.

#760     Oct 1, 2015