Have you used dbphoenix's teachings to become a successful trader?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by FeetFirst, Feb 10, 2015.

1. VPhantom

VPhantom

Oh I like the concept as well, just not how he formulates it with pseudoscience while actual science can properly describe it. "Emotion" or "emotional memory" or "experience" would've been just as effective; it's true that the sum of our experiences depends on their relative strengths (i.e. lots of positive reinforcement can finally counterbalance a hugely negative experience). It's more toned down in the Zone, but it was way out of hand in his previous book (which I read, but didn't keep). I don't remember the specifics anymore, but it was very bad. :)

You've nailed how the brain works, and it's most evident in sports ("be the ball") and most common in everyday life in driving: when you're under-steering straight into that big immovable utility pole, look where you want to go and your hand-eye coordination will automatically steer you to safety. How many times do you run straight in say a pothole because you just couldn't look away from it? Happens to everyone.

As a sidebar, that's why I enjoyed a crash avoidance course years ago; shows you first-hand just how much better we can be at something if we just focus on the objective rather than the scary obstacle. Takes practice. I've killed poor defenseless Cardboard Julie the first time... :eek:

#531     Mar 9, 2015
    k p likes this.
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The only true edge in trading is capital and the prudent use thereof. Learn to be wrong and be ok with it.

#532     Mar 9, 2015
  3. ok 54 pages anyone got a list of ET DB super traders?

#533     Oct 17, 2015
  4. dartmus

dartmus

@fortydraws

#534     Oct 18, 2015
    VPhantom and Stocks4life like this.
  5. Great, thanks for sharing, you are right on track, but most wannabe traders that read this still want get in, but they want to watch some pro traders all day, really not to learn how to trade, but to follow him/her so they can make money for the day. Control of emotions at all times is the only thing I would add.

#535     Jan 10, 2016
  6. dartmus

dartmus

Rule # 2: Keep tight stops. :)

#536     Apr 8, 2016

7. Please do your due diligence, regarding Timothy Morge:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/tim-morge-and-the-well-chosen-example.305061/page-3

#537     Jun 8, 2018
  8. Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    #538     Jun 8, 2018
  9. themickey

themickey

#539     Jun 8, 2018