Gaining Muscle and Losing Fat (2015)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destriero

destriero

Thanks!

Isolate a concentric+eccentric motion to the "upper arm" only. Or your forearm! See if you can manage that.

Yes, keep your "arms" (one on each side of your 40lb chicken-breasted torso), straight. As opposed to adding 140-degrees of elbow flexion in an abduction movement, you consanguineous twat.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    #321     Sep 1, 2015
  2. destriero

destriero

You are? Your command of Engrish is truly astounding, Bro.

#322     Sep 2, 2015
  3. ya, you're right. i looked again..the arms straight thru the SWING.

My greater point remains intact though...it's all technique. No joints excursion..no concentric or eccentric ...just swing it up and fall under. Useless for muscle BUILDING..but great to impress other gym rats:D

#323     Sep 2, 2015
  4. destriero

destriero

Numbnuts,

If you don't know what a snatch is by now (or why upright rows suck)... then no amount of looking at video is going to help. My point remains intact that you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Just gtfo.

#324     Sep 2, 2015
  5. Regardless, no one snatches for muscle building purposes. it's a sport, sport. far better exercise out there, far better bang for the buck for each muscle grouping. go ahead waste your finite energy resources on splash. big belly flop, lots of noise everyone looks

#325     Sep 2, 2015
  6. destriero

destriero

The point of performing a snatch is to take the weight from ground to overhead. How it is done makes no difference. Best-practice involves a wide grip and the front squat. Try to take the bar from the ground to overhead with a narrow grip and you have a clean movement, but it cannot be performed in one continuous motion (to overhead).

Performing a power snatch in lieu of the front squat portion is great, but cannot be done heavy. Try to snatch just the weight of an Oly bar and see how difficult the snatch is to perform. It simply makes all of your lifts better (higher 1RM), improves core, and stimulates hormone production.

A C&J is the most efficient (capacity) method of moving the weight from ground to overhead, interrupted.

A snatch is the most efficient (capacity) method of moving the weight from ground to overhead, uninterrupted.

That is why both movements exist in competition (Worlds, Olympics).

Interrupted meaning that the pause between the clean and jerk is much longer.

People with a >200lb snatch and <200lb body weight are elite athletes.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    #326     Sep 2, 2015
  7. That is a beautiful concept creating greatest potential energy to the bar with least energy expenditure. That beauty in that doesn't escape me.

However.

quote: "makes all of your lifts better (higher 1RM), improves core, and stimulates hormone production."

STRESS stimulates hormone production. The most efficient cannot, logically, be the best method toward this end. (You say you have experience/testing that proves) My doubt remains.

"improves core"...WTF does that mean? What's a "core"?

#327     Sep 2, 2015
  8. destriero

destriero

Zero fucks given. Who cares what doubts you have? You are ABSOLUTELY wrong about "most efficient" not being the best method. You probably lift like shit (if at all) with poor form. Most efficient in terms of capacity. Greater weight equates to great hormone production. Loading the CNS with the most (gross) weight in a given amount of time.

Lift 135 (sic) overhead. Do it dog-shit stupid like a a really narrow grip. swing the shit wildly as you would do. Let us know how your IGFBP3 reads when they are doing blood work when you're in traction.

The core refers to lower back, abs and pelvis. I just made it up! https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=core conditioning

#328     Sep 2, 2015
  9. Prove it. Anyone can ISOMETRIC with greater weight than CON/ECC same exercise. Do isometrics produce greater gains in real world? NO.

Zero fucks given, moron.

#329     Sep 2, 2015
  10. destriero

destriero

Suck.
    My.
    C*ck.

#330     Sep 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.