amp review

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ballsofgold, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Xela

Xela

Not sure I altogether share your perspective on that one.

For me, it goes to "the type of people with whom one wants to do business"; it leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth, anyway. And showed appalling judgment, in my opinion.

And then, as Bob says, they're very small, anyway.

#41     Aug 18, 2016
  2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

#42     Aug 18, 2016
  3. Xela

Xela

That's incorrect: it was last active 15 minutes before my post. I don't "bump" threads inactive since 2015.

Forum sponsor or not, this thread isn't for you to promote your services. It's for members to comment on our perceptions of AMP. The clue lies in the word "Review" in the title line. :rolleyes:

#43     Aug 18, 2016
  4. KeLo

KeLo

Personally, I appreciate any correction of outdated or incorrect information - no matter the source.

The more recent, all the better. Things are constantly changing.

BTW I have no opinion on AMP yet. That is why I am here reading, starting with the most recent.

#44     Nov 19, 2016
  5. algofy

algofy

Amp is the best for the retail crowd who doesn't need much hand holding. If your a complete newbie without a strategy, plan, or any sense of risk management, you will likely blow out faster with lower margins so you are prob better going to some place like stage 5 who offers much higher day margins.

#45     Nov 19, 2016
  6. KeLo

KeLo

I agree algofy and understand the downside of futures leverage. It cuts both ways.

Increased leverage is only good if you are winning and the internet and broker/exchanges are 100% operational. Otherwise, options offer limited risk.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    #46     Nov 19, 2016
  7. #47     Aug 9, 2018
  8. #48     Aug 9, 2018
  9. I was able to get through with Jeff @ amp nite desk, he explained to me that this is NOT a charge but a calculation logic assessment. The fact that it reads "Correction charge" made me jump the gun. Appreciate AMP nite desks help!

#49     Aug 9, 2018
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

yes, this is fully explained in the support article. It is a local platform "MT5" real-time account balance sync with CQG.

Difference: Since you are trading on the Regulated Exchanges, such as CME and EUREX vs. most other MT5 brokers (where you are trading a CFD > Secondary Market created by a liquidity provider) where your trades are processing locally on your brokers MT5 server.

Using AMP's MT5 - to trade Exchange-Traded Futures there is constant communication between you "the trader", the Exchange you are trading "CME". This communication between the exchange and you is provided by CQG.

As stated in the article, The terminology is admittedly not the best. Since all the Futures trades are being executed on the exchange, there are no trade "corrections". We have request to remove "corrections" from the label in order to avoid any confusion, but we were told since this function is an automated function in MT5 > it is hard-coded, unable to change the function label name.

Everyone, please take the time read the support article, it should do a good job explaining this [synchronization] activity.

https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en...xplanation-of-Synchronization-in-MetaTrader-5

#50     Aug 9, 2018