Trumps Iranian Sanctions, what is he trying to achieve?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rickylee, Oct 7, 2018.

1. It has nothing to do with the type of oil. And it has all to do with the threat of the Iranian missiles to the security of the State of Israel or the Jewish State. Yes, the state that owns the big banks, Hollywood, the media and the stock market is behind this! Have you ever wondered why the assassination of the Kennedys has never been solved? That is because the same state is behind it. You see, there is a theory out there that says John F Kennedy was assassinated because he made the mistake of trying to stop the Jewish State from owning the nuclear bomb!

Anyway, our goal is to be on the right side of the trade and for that we have to understand how the world geopolitics is spinning and who is behind it and for what reason!
    Capishe :sneaky:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    #11     Oct 7, 2018
  2. Rickylee

Rickylee

So, assuming that this is about his ego and there is no real underlying objective to the sanctions, it’s fair to assume that he will announce a “new” deal if the sanctions turn against him eg. If oil prices rise too much.

Perhaps I should be reading The Art of the Deal in order to better understand his foreign policy agenda...

#12     Oct 7, 2018
  3. Rickylee

Rickylee

Despite the conspiracy theories, he has been a vocal advocate for the state of Israel.

I suppose what I am trying to understand is,

1. What, if any, are his objectives? Ego? Market share for competitors? Reduced Iranian influence in the region (driven by Israel’s pressure perhaps)
    2. What are the next steps? Continue, strengthen or dilute his approach?
    3. What options are available to him?

He could,

A. Easily grant a waiver to India, South Korea or Japan if he wanted to relieve some pressure on the oil market.
    B. Decide to “re negotiate” a “better” deal.
    C. Release strategic oil reseves. (Short term solution)

1. It may be safest to assume that this is an ego trip with no clear objective.
    2. He’ll take it as far as he can, dependent on the price of oil.
    3. A’s soon as the oil price goes too high he’ll grant waivers etc.

Either way, I’m thinking bullish (short term) bearish (medium term)

#13     Oct 7, 2018
  4. Palindrome

Palindrome

Is it because Obama gave them 4billion cash and loosened regulation around Iran.

THEN, Iran funded 2 civil wars (Yemen and Syria) killing tons of people AFTER we gave them money and loosened regulation?

Wouldn't that be reason enough to pull back our lifted sanctions?

They also, absolutely hate us.

Also Iran is an Ally of Russia. We don't want that "Axis" getting too strong (despite what the media tells us everyday about Trump and Russia)

I think it is pretty logical, but not sure. I don't believe Trump is doing it as an ego trip.

Or is it more complex?

If Mexico pulled the same crap we would slap all sorts of sanctions on them. (funding war, vocal about hating us, siding with russia after we gave them 4 billion cash for whatever reason.)

Am I crazy? seems obvious why we we would do what we are doing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    #14     Oct 8, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Sig

Sig

Do me a favor and look up a timeline of Syria and Yemen would you? We can't have an intelligent conversation when one is just making shit up.

#15     Oct 8, 2018
    piezoe, TheOwl, Stocktracker and 2 others like this.
  6. Palindrome

Palindrome

Wow, so we knew they were funding two wars and then we negotiated an economic stimulus for Iran?

Is this true?

I don't know what is worse.

#16     Oct 8, 2018
  7. Perfect example from the “basket of deplorables,” :banghead:

:D

#17     Oct 8, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Rickylee

Rickylee

I do not know the sequence of events regarding Obama, Iran, Yemen etc but, from what I think of Trump (note i didn’t say “know of trump”), I doubt that he would care about Iran funding terrorist organisations.

I believe that his anti terror rhetoric is merely a way to justify his actions; playing into a theme that we all know of.

The concern is that he will push emerging markets into trouble by driving oil prices, which I don’t think he wants. I think he will grant waivers to allies, to relieve presssure on oil and step up his trade war on China.

Just my opinion.

#18     Oct 10, 2018
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

When it comes to all things Drumpf ... why ask why?

#19     Oct 14, 2018
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

1) The U.S. gave back Iran their own money.

2) Saudi Arabia (ya know where most of the 9-11 attackers were from) started the shit in Yemen.

2) Iran hates us because of what we do. Like way back when putting the brutal American puppet Shah into power. And then after he was toppled, funding and militarily supporting (including those notorious WMD's) the brutal Saddam Hussein in next door Iraq.

4) Putting sanctions on Iran because we don't like who they align with but because we are the big kid on the block we can align with anyone we want. Do as I say not as I do.

#20     Oct 14, 2018
    piezoe, Stocktracker and d08 like this.