TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traderjo

traderjo

"advertised amount doesn't match reality." LOL there you go is that not misleading that itself and raises one more question mark!
    "And I think with information I gave".. sorry but that is sketchy if you are so much in to it why dont you show the maths showing how exactly it is better than having own a/c with discount broker
    A true Prop does not charge people, just last month I managed to get through first step in to getting in to a true prop and as a second step was asked to trade a very tiny real funded a/c
    No where they charge anything, and remember we are not talking about ivy league prop but a small one.

#111     Mar 9, 2018
  2. MichalTr

MichalTr

""And I think with information I gave".. sorry but that is sketchy if you are so much in to it why dont you show the maths showing how exactly it is better than having own a/c with discount broker" - but I already did it. ? I gave you all information you need + calculation. And I did it objectively.

"For ES (day/full): 500/6380 (Tradovate, NTB, Stage5). So let's look at 50k combine:
    5 (max lot) x 6380 = 31 900, + 2000 (max drawdown) = 33 900. Of course you can say you would use 500 day margin (but you need to know what is considering as "day"), than it would be 5 x 500 = 2500, + 2000 = 4500"

"You pay 165/mo for "50 k combine". You can passed both combine and LTP after one month (then you subscription is cancelled). You need also pay for data (as pro), so for CME 85/mo. 165+85 = 250$. So you pay 250$ for 2000$ (max drawdown and you don't need your money to cover at least 4500). For 100k combine it's 325$+85=410$ for 3000$, for 150k combine it's 375$+85=460$ for 4500$. So you can calculate that for every 1$ you spent you get: 8$; 7,32$ or 9,78$."

It's pure math. If you want to start with e.g. 3000$ max drawdown and covered (even intraday margin) for your contracts you can do it spending 460$ with TST (if you can trade and make it in less than 7 months, which is not a big problem). If you don't want to split profit there is 5000$ withdrawal without split. You can choose platform that is free, so you just need to cover data (85/market as a pro - but it is included in my calculation).

"A true Prop does not charge people" - sorry but this is completely untrue. In prop you pay desk fee (platform, data, squawk, space, hardware). And it can go to really serious amounts (1000$-2000$/mo). You don't pay it straight - it's subtracted from your account before the split. And about split - 80/20 from the beginning it's good split.

"and remember we are not talking about ivy league prop but a small one." - I'm talking about serious props.

Of course I wish you luck with your recruitment :) If I may say something - you should ask about data feed, platform fee and split. Becouse it's a bit hard to belive that you won't pay nothing. Ok it's is possible with some cheap platform, average execution, not precise charta data feed (what I do not say is very bad to start with, in fact it is same you get in TST if you choose "cheap way"). But you know it's better to ask important questions :)

#112     Mar 9, 2018
    Pekelo likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

This one is actually a killer. Looking at it this way:

You get a 5K account for the annual price of 1K. That is a sweet 20% interest rate, even your CC charges much less. I don't want to accuse them of fraud, but is there any way TST can keep that fee for themselves?

#113     Mar 9, 2018
  4. Xela

Xela

On the contrary: your panoply of never-ending misinformation, prejudice, innuendo and allegation about TST in a huge number of different threads in this forum makes it crystal clear that you do, very much, want to accuse them of fraud; sadly (from your perspective) you perpetually fail to do so; predictably (from almost everyone else's perspectives) there are no grounds to, so you'll continue to fail. In my opinion, some of what you've posted in the past really goes beyond just trolling and crosses the line into clearcut defamation.

I suppose it's sufficiently clear that you have no idea what you're talking about for it not to bother TST enough to do anything about it, in spite of their being one of the forum's sponsors and indirectly paying their share of the cost of your continuing to post your drivel here, about them.

I dare say that most people reading it can probably form a reasonably clear impression of your underlying motivation for themselves.

There isn't: it's what CME charges everyone who's trading other people's money rather than their own account, because the fact that one's trading OPM classifies one as a "professional" trader. TST would obviously be delighted for that not to be so, and have said so a few times, but there isn't a way for TST-funded traders to avoid paying CME that fee.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    #114     Mar 9, 2018
  5. traderjo

traderjo

xELA why dont you then in a very simple manner show / explain few things for everybody's benefit
    1) How the TST based funding level is better than having your own a/c with introductory broker
    2) No fraud not illegal activity does not mean highly ethical, why any of these so called props disclose how many really get funded? and even if few do how do we not know that they are really not self funded in the seance that by the time you pass through "many loops cycles" of Monthly tests, ( some call it a combine fee some call it something else"
    People are not that stupid to see what drives this business model the universal "questionable" and perhaps highly unethical part of such a business model is DO these firms really fund enough ! or just make the money by selling the monthly "test" fees,
    As I mentioned previously with real current experience in a first world regulated country a serious but small Prop firms method of "finding and funding talent" is
    1) Some mathematical and other test
    2) Trial sim or small real money a/c
    3) Interview
    First thing first with these firms the deceptive advertising of a/c size
    Anybody with $500 in a pocket can "Fund" a trader to the tune of $125000USD + ( 1 ES contract)
    but if that person "charges $150-200 "fee" for a test and 2) Claims in advertising that "Look if you are successful We will fund you to the tune of $125000 when in reality what is on table is $500 and even less if by the time person gets "Funded" he / she has already spent $300-450 on "Tests" LOL )
    It does not sound very ethical!

So dont have a go at other's just becasue they ask pointed questions,
    Try and understand the reason behind theses questions and the skepticism
    Sponsor or not I thought the forum is place for honest and transparent discussion!
    Why does any of these Prop anwser these questions in clear manner rather than going on in a round about way

#115     Mar 12, 2018
  6. MichalTr

MichalTr

Guys,

Do you read posts or just have your opinion and don't want to see anything else ? :/
    @traderjo I'm not xEla but I will give you answers.

1. I have already give you information and calculation... Pure math - it is better for start, not for staying very long if you are profitable (and if you cant't get personal risk adjusments - whioch is btw possible)

2. It's business - no one tells you to take part in it. It's obvious that business is about 2 things - combines and funded traders. But there is nothing gray in this part with funded traders. I passed 150k combine in 5 days, Live Prep in 10 ... so it is possible to make it in less than 1 month... no never ending loop as you call it. There was no problems with funded account - I have it now and it is real account (not sim). It is easy to spot this if you ever trader real. So maybe the problem is - if people just can't trade they shouldn't spend mony for TST ?? It is that simply. They give you really easy information - you think you can trade ? ok - there are the rulles, tyou pay us xx/mo till you get it. What is wrong with it ?? If you can't trade just don't subscribe...

3. Those are 2 different topics... I have already written about combine names etc + your calculations are wrong... about this I have also written

The problem with you guys is not the questions - it is good to ask questions.You just don't want answers - you want someone to tell you "yes you are right !! FRAUD SCAM !!!" - you don't want the truth. I wrote everything really objectiv in previous posts

#116     Mar 12, 2018
    SimpleMeLike and Xela like this.
  7. traderjo

traderjo

Classic cult mentality: just becasue pointed questions are asked the person asking the question becomes a bad looser.. and can't trade! LOL
    any way great a that you admit that "that business is about 2 things - combines and funded traders" I wonder if these firms openly say that! they don't seem to
    so the "questionable thing" is with of any of these firms is
    "Is it more about "Test fees" or more about actual funding"

And you conveniently forget the questions about why more reputable firms dont charge such "test fees"
    BECAUSE they are in business of finding talent not in the business of " Test fee selling" just the way Ford needs engineers or apple needs designer

Her is the Best response: (at 36 mins) LOL

Q:On the 100K account the max. DD is 3K, so you only have a 3K account in reality??

A:Um, I guess, technically, if you want to get into semantics...

#117     Mar 12, 2018
    Pekelo likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's accuse them of YUGE misrepresentation. :)

They advertise a 100K account that is not more than a 5 K account. That to me is a yuuuge misrepresentation that no reputable firm would do. Case closed... But we pointed this out 7 years ago, so no big news.

But charging for the FTP? That takes the cake. They clearly don't care about funding you.

#118     Mar 12, 2018
  9. traderjo

traderjo

actually it was your post I cut pasted :D

#119     Mar 12, 2018
  10. MichalTr

MichalTr

Ok, @traderjo you have just confirmed everything I wrote in my post. Writing next posts is just waste of my time. I am new here and start to understand why good traders I know do not want to be part of trading forums.

#120     Mar 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.