Mean Reversion Strategy Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by StockChartist, Nov 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deaddog

deaddog

Can you walk me through the WMT back test?
    6309 is the total profit made from trading WMT? I have to assume that's based on 100K per position?

36 separate trades includes opening and closing or is that 18 completed trades?

75% of the trades are profitable.
    Can you explain the 3.4 profit factor? Is that like risk to reward?
    The max drawdown; is that the max loss or the max a position got away from you before recovering?

The average trade; Is this like expectancy? You would expect an average profit of $175 per trade?

#51     Nov 27, 2021
  2. The $6,309 profit was from using 10K per position, it's 36 separate trades, profit factor means total profits / total losses, max drawdown is cumulative maximum running loss and yes average trade is like expectancy.

#52     Nov 27, 2021
  3. deaddog

deaddog

With the WMT back-test what was you biggest realized loss and biggest gain?

#53     Nov 27, 2021
  4. Largest losing trade was $784 and largest winning trade was $1007

#54     Nov 27, 2021
    deaddog likes this.
  5. UPDATE:

You can now copy all my trades from this journal in real time via the Collective2 (C2) platform.

Based in New York, United States, C2 has been around for 20 years and is CFTC registered and a NFA member. The C2 platform allows traders to offer their strategies to subscribers who can then follow them manually or for an extra monthly fee of $49 have them automatically traded in their brokerage account.

All of my stock swing trades that I post here in this journal (after market close) are automatically copied from my Interactive Brokers account directly into the C2 platform in real time, with no interference by me. You can have the exact same trades automatically placed in your account in real time, or you can copy them manually with real time SMS/email notifications. With auto-trading all of the trades will automatically be position sized according to your account balance so your % risk per trade will be the same as mine.

To see my strategy page visit https://collective2.com/details/138464838 and since I've just launched this I'm offering EliteTrader members & readers a 30% lifetime discount on your subscription, instead of $100/month you will only pay $70/month until cancelled. Use coupon code UGUP42896 to get the 30% discounted price.

This is only for a limited time until I start forming a track record then all new subscribers will pay $100/month. There is a hard limit set in the C2 platform for my strategy of only 200 subscribers allowed, after this limit is reached there will be no new subscribers allowed, this is to preserve liquidity requirements for all existing subscribers of my strategy.

My goal with this strategy is to outperform the S&P 500 index on a yearly basis and deliver high returns over the long term, with a similar level of volatility and drawdown as the market. I believe even in a prolonged bear market or sideways market I can still generate positive returns because of the short trade duration and high turnover my strategy has.

I plan on running this strategy in my Interactive Brokers account for many years to come and invite anybody interested to join me for the journey ahead. I'm looking to develop a close knit community of traders around this strategy and yearly meetups as a group are a possibility.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.

Jared

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    #55     Dec 6, 2021
    beginner66 likes this.
  6. Two trades were closed today, $QRVO and $IPG both for a net profit of $452, see the google sheet in the 1st post of this thread for updated details. I've entered in orders to open two new positions in tomorrow's session.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#56     Dec 7, 2021
  7. Three trades were closed today, $DAL $YELP and $TTEC for a total net profit of $824. Orders for new positions weren't hit today and there isn't many oversold stocks in the market right now, although I've entered in some more orders to open new positions if they dip in tomorrow's session.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#57     Dec 8, 2021
  8. One trade was closed today $CAG for a net profit of $209, and three new trades were opened in $CMCSA, $C and $PII.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#58     Dec 9, 2021
    deaddog and easymon1 like this.
  9. New trade opened today in $SAIC

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    #59     Dec 10, 2021
  10. Opened new trade today in $CLH at $97.52

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    #60     Dec 13, 2021