Your ideal* upper/higher middle class car *personal and country

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by Zwaen, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Zwaen

Zwaen

Since it's the weekend, a bit nonsense about our most depreciating* and 'losing' assets. But we only live once, and need to have fun at times, and admittedly, cars can be fun. We mostly hear about the 'lambos' and ferrari's**, but it also depends on what is 'ala mode' in your peer group or regional area your living. For example, I'm from a northern European country and the most popular (and not the most expensive btw) cars are basically range rovers and mercedes g:

rangerover.png
    mercedesgclass.png
    The SUV's. Cayenne was populair, but lost popularity -probably to the macan.

What are the most populair car's in your region? And what would you drive when nothing else matters?

*This is not always true. I once had a collegue who bought ferrari's and maserati's and could resell with profit because he knows the market (no he didn't used elliot waves)

** The coolest car I've ever seen though is the Maybach 6: maybach6.png
    maybach6-2.png
    Disclaimer: At this moment I drive a modest electrial SUV 50k

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

[​IMG]

poopy and Zwaen like this.
  3. poopy

poopy

There is something like 20 Rivians in my neighborhood. The HOA published a survey and 35% of households owned an EV. Average home value is $2.2MM. Rover styling for an (ugh) SUV is very good. Like an rivet-less airplane. The transition from steel to glass is fantastic.

Zwaen likes this.
  4. vette3.jpg Might be biased but I still think this classic is on the high end of auto styling. ;)

jimmy_ddd, Zwaen and newwurldmn like this.
  5. poopy

poopy

'69?

My uncle had an early 70s with the big block. It was terrifying at speed. It just floated. Zero road feel and tons of flex due to ragtop.

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I have a 72 coupe small block. All original - including a factory flaw (fully documented by the selling dealer). Only 35,000 miles.

Option_Attack and poopy like this.
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

one of the sexiest cars ever.

Option_Attack likes this.
  8. poopy

poopy

Don't tell me it's baby blue.

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

elkhart green.

10. Yep, 69. Bought it from a neighbor a few years ago. I like the earlier years of C3 the most. Mine is just a base 350. Yeah the handling is questionable at best. I saw where someone said "they handle like a station wagon with a load of lumber tied on the roof." :D

#10     Apr 23, 2024
    newwurldmn and poopy like this.