Youngest Female Billionaire-- SWEET!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Apr 29, 2015.

1. or some truly stupid "investors" who don't know where to throw out OPM. happening all the time in tech-related "business ventures".

though probably nobody has sent 400M to her bank account, it's more of a "promise" or an "intention" to do business together. let's see what will happen in the end.

#11     Apr 29, 2015
  2. Occam

Occam

"next Steve Jobs" -- it's simultaneously amusing and revolting to see such predictions by financial news "talking heads". If you need a good laugh, do an Internet search for "next Bill Gates", or for "next Warren Buffett" articles that are at least 10 years old. These "future superstars" never come close to living up to the prognosticators' expectations -- and a good share of their respective companies end up failing completely.

#12     Apr 29, 2015
    SwingToWin likes this.
  3. MrN

MrN

The most unusual thing about the company is the board of directors. Also, the notion of a person this young with zero career experience being involved in this industry strikes me as very odd.

#13     Apr 29, 2015
    SwingToWin likes this.
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Her board is who is who of America. What she did as a 19 year old is amazing and to gather board like that with no prior business experience is spectacular. She has transformed her looks over the years, not plastic surgery rather her style.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    #14     Apr 29, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  5. A blood test not safe? Really? In the US? Not so elsewhere. expensive ? How so? It's a frigging blood test. obviously what you test will determine it's cost. I am pretty certain this lady has not found a way to test for all in blood detectable diseases within minutes.

If blood tests in the US are expensive and unsafe then maybe the real problem lies with your pharmaceutical, hospital and general health care industry. Like charging 50k or so for a standard surgery...Lol. It's called modern highway robbery.

#15     Apr 30, 2015
    SwingToWin likes this.
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If her claims are true, she can run a blood test for 1/2 of what medicare reimburses doctors for (the lowest of the medical rates). That's expected to be 20Bn of savings there. I know the major lab companies are investing heavily to reduce the costs and improve the speed of blood testing. They can't get to those numbers. Those companies are customers of my day job.

Safety isn't just about reducing AIDs, but making it easier and less error prone. Taking less blood from your finger is a lot easier than finding an artery (which on an old person can cause extra pain and inconvenience - even if it's mild). If you can do the test at home (and her tests are being or will be sold at Walgreens) then further medical expenses are reduced.

And to respond to your first post against me, I never said her company was worth 9 billion dollars. I only commented that there's a lot of potential here if the hype is true.

I'm not going to engage in your trolling the way Martin did. This is my last reply to you on this topic.

#16     Apr 30, 2015
  7. nobody on the health care provider side in the US cares nor has an interest to reduce cost. If that was the case why it has not happened yet? Why is America health care the most expensive in the world while it is certainly not better than in countries in Scandinavia, Germany, or Japan? The problem lies with legislation and AGAIN with politicians and legislators in the US that are "bribed" and controlled by lobbyists.

But sure if she can reduce the cost of blood testing by half then she found a (hopefully temporary) niche that she should exploit. Whether that warrants a 9bln valuation I highly question but as Baron stated there must be more to it than to the visible eye, 400 mln funding is by any standard massive, even Facebook or Google at their best times before going public did not receive such funding amounts.

#17     Apr 30, 2015
  8. stupid "investors" throwing out other people's money on a new hype, nothing more to me.

Haha don't say that it's expensive to test blood. It's just your stupid health system that drives the prices!

On my last holiday in Cambodia I did a blood test in a private clinic. They charged me 2,50 USD for everything. In Thailand I paid 7 USD for the same blood test - but that was a high street tourist clinic in a restort town, so it could possibly go even lower.

#18     Apr 30, 2015
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Did the test come back positive for herpes or syphallis or are you clean for another night out?

#19     Apr 30, 2015
    hedron likes this.
  10. hedron

hedron

My money says she never breeds. It's just the sexual dynamics say that women breed up, and there really isn't a way for her to do that. Sad because she's rather smart and attractive.

#20     Apr 30, 2015