Windows 10

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Swan Noir, May 22, 2016.

1. conduit

conduit

I think you totally misunderstood my post. I am not afraid of anything, obviously, in contrast to you. I am not afraid Microsoft may glean a bit here, a bit there. I turned on privacy measures and am very happy so far. Guess what, my proprietary algorithm code is still performing as well as last week, month, beginning of the year...so far Microsoft did not seem to have "tinfoil-grabbed my code. And what are you afraid of?

#41     May 29, 2016
  2. conduit

conduit

I can calm you down in that I have no motivation whatsoever, you love Windows 10, happy for you, you dislike Windows 10, I laud you, too. I just smiled and took the piss out of those who are at the forefront of the Microsoft-hatred-band-wagon without having actually ever tried the product. Such I find lame. I find it ridiculous and hypocritical how some have no issue to sign their lives away on Facebook, Gmail, and via app agreements on their mobiles yet get all riled up about the fact that by choice Windows 10 may submit certain data to Microsoft.

That is all I have to contribute to this thread.

#42     May 29, 2016
  3. Simples

Simples

That would be more believable and effective if you actually had any rational arguments based on facts, rather than moronic and baseless accusations based on your opinion, current bias and limited experience.

#43     May 29, 2016
  4. conduit

conduit

in case you conveniently ignored my own user experience I shared earlier you can find it in this thread. Where is yours to be found?

#44     May 29, 2016
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, so let's give practical advice. Most everybody buys a new computer at least every other year. So sooner or later W10 is unavoidable. Most everybody also has more than 1 computer, so just try it out on one and see if all your important programs work on it. If so, carry on. Just google how to set up the privacy settings.

If not, you can still buy a new computer and either wipe W10 from it and install a free copy of W7, or at least make it dual booted so you have a choice between those 2 OSs. My main laptop is dual booted with 7 and 8.1 and almost never use 8.1. Nowadays the HDs are big enough so even if you split the space you still have plenty of room.

Even if one is completely computer illiterate, there are step by step guides how to get W7 (hell, you can still buy it) and how to dual boot a laptop. Takes about 2-3 hours.

All in all, it is nice to have choices in life and options are usually grey, not black or white. Everything has its upsides and downsides...

#45     May 29, 2016
    StarDust9182 and conduit like this.
  6. conduit

conduit

Well spoken! In the end each user is its own judge. I just can't logically understand the privacy arguments by those who first of all never tried the product, especially given Microsoft has adjusted and made certain changes as function of user complaints and feedback. Furthermore some seem to always bring up privacy issues when it comes to MS and Windows but are signing their lives away on their mobile phones to app developers and companies most never even heard of. Something just does not get together there.

Windows 10 has some nice improvements to show off but also annoying other parts, same with all other products.

#46     May 29, 2016
  7. Simples

Simples

I don't need to provide any user experience. Just commenting on your assertions, which seems to me to be more a need for justifying your own choice, and then a need to bash other people's choices when they're different than your own. Maybe you feel a need for that or are compelled to conclude based on limited information? Anyhow, I would hope it was just a mistake and not meant as that. I seriously doubt you or any other outsider know what can be collected and done through backdoors in that OS. As the remote traffic is encrypted it's not possible to snoop or stop using the software itself. Why would anyone choose to play cat & mouse with their update-providing vendor?

If Windows 10 works for you, great. Just keep in mind who the real customer is and who is the product. There's a world of difference what can be done directly from your own local administrator rights and via filling web-forms using HTTP(s) through a sandboxed webbrowser [,but I guess that difference is lost on you]<-please disregard this;). The issue at stake here is trust, and when that is broken, not easily repaired. It seems users should be wary of Microsoft's future business model regarding Windows, which is still an disconcerting unknown uncertainty. If you want examples what was the prevalent thinking in the late 90's then please search and study "halloween documents". Has the company become more ethical with time? Anyhow, W10 is too annoying for me and I have absolutely no need for it. Shouldn't need to justify that decision to random strangers on the internet though.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    #47     May 29, 2016
  8. conduit

conduit

Thanks.

#48     May 29, 2016
    Simples likes this.
  9. If you have a linkedin password change it immediately. (Azure is MSFT cloud stuff I think.) Remember the naked model pictures from the Apple cloud if I recall. Do facebook also while you are at it.

http://www.eweek.com/security/micro...-security-as-linkedin-breach-looms-large.html

https://threatpost.com/2012-linkedi...worse-117-million-new-logins-for-sale/118173/

and for comedy I read this:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...n-email-case-reveals-she-did-not-use-password

I hope it is a joke. You are in good hands with ALL STATE I hear. LOL.

If you are on XP and don't know about the Toledo tunneling attack then it is too late for you.

I see golfcarts littered on the landscape!

#49     May 29, 2016
  10. jl1575

jl1575

Intel 2nd Generation Compute Stick with Intel Core m5 vPro Processor
    M5, 4G + 64G, pretty fast like Surface Pro (see review); smaller than SSD and easily put it in your pocket and take it with you everywhere you go
    Check it out on Amazon

upload_2016-5-29_15-37-34.png

#50     May 29, 2016
    i am nobody likes this.