Will i ever get it.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by note, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Buck95

Buck95

And for those who prefer not to use tick charts, Bob Volman has a new book. Titled "Understanding Price Action", it focuses on 5 minute charts (his first book used tick charts).

He includes a section where he covers 6 months of continuous trading sessions. I just ordered the book. Looks interesting.

-Al

#11     Dec 18, 2014
    jas_in_hbca likes this.
  2. note

note

I have his book, i started reading, but still have to finish it.

#12     Dec 18, 2014
  3. note

note

I sent you a PM Sir, I started writing answers to your question, I will post soon.
    Just in between few things.

#13     Dec 18, 2014
  4. note

note

Everyone have their own beliefs, I believe that trading is hard to get hold of , if this would have been that easy , then everyone would be making money just buying / selling. I may fail, but i just want to give it a shot. last shot, if it works , great , if not then i can at least do that Software related job which you just said.

"If you are hoping someone will help you to get to where you want to be, the chance is pretty low that you will get it. Those who have found a solution would have paid quite a hefty price for it, and they are unlikely to give it to you for no reason."
    I am not hoping to get any direct system from someone, even if they give , i dont think it will pass through my dumb head, because until i am ready to receive , it does not matter what someone is giving...i am not good at directly getting things..otherwise i could have read Bob Volman's book and mirrored trade, i need to find my own way..but what i am expecting from other experienced member is encouragement and push if i am going in right direction or not..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    #14     Dec 18, 2014
  5. note

note

Hi Turveyd,

I am along the same line what you stated...I will look at gbpaud and DAX ....

#15     Dec 18, 2014

6. Think of it in another way. If statistics say that 90% of those who tried to cross this road ended up ran over and dead. Would you still consider it a good idea to cross ? Here is another reason why people fail, that they think the market is a mechanical device like an ATM, that you can just press the right combinations of buttons and the cash will come out. The market is nothing like that. It is made of flesh and blood. If you win, someone is going to lose his lunch or dinner money. Unfortunately for most people, they bet against the richest banks on the other side. The banks will certainly not lose the lunch or dinner money for the people they employ.

Imagine you are on the street looking at someone counting his lunch money and you try taking it from him, what will happen ? Taking money from those in the market is a bit like that, except those counting the money are the gorilla banks. The chance of getting hold of that glinting cash is, well, use your imagination.

To succeed, you'd need considerably more than positive thinking and positive encouragement. If only positive waves are what you need, then you will find plenty because everyone here is a winner. Some, like tuveyd, will 10 times their money by this time next year.

I thought the fact that you considered the possibility of giving up was because you might have glimpsed something. If not and you can afford it, then yes, it's worthwhile getting some genuine experience on it. It will save you all the wondering if you have never done it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    #16     Dec 18, 2014
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You for this

RN

#17     Dec 19, 2014
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Thought provoking aren't they :)

No worries Sir - we move at your speed

RN

#18     Dec 19, 2014
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Maanaged 10xs this year, profit

The odds are MUCH higher, if you try than don't try, as if you don't try then the odds are ZERO.

We get it you lost and because you failed to beat the system you suspect all others must also fail.

I'm up 10x's in 2014, target is 43K USD Profit for 2015, account to 20K and 30K drawings, so that's actually less than 10x's from where I'm at currently.

Have I been nearing quiting many many times, yes, did I quit, obviously not.

Do I make money most days I trade ? YES
    Do I have stupid bad days ? YES

#19     Dec 19, 2014
  10. ashwell

ashwell

Don't be disappointed if you failed. Try again and again success will come for sure.

#20     Dec 19, 2014