Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. J_Smith

J_Smith

A little bit of info that I noticed today - if you are trading the NQ, then it is best to look at only NQ charts - divergence with ES can be easily seen on booktraders - looks like make or break time for a push down or back up?

J_S

#5281     Jun 27, 2016
  2. J_Smith

J_Smith

Have to thank RN for the kick up the ass, was badly needed - only way to get back into it is to spend hours in front of screens - then start trading with small risk until 100% happy with results - anything else is gambling:rolleyes::D

J_S

#5282     Jun 27, 2016
  3. J_Smith

J_Smith

For anyone that is trading, or practising trading, for unless you are doing one of them, then you will more than likely not have a clue!

Do you agree that certain bars, or candles if that is what one prefers, are far more important than others!

A bar is a bar - so what makes it so important over other bars!

J_S

#5283     Jun 27, 2016
  4. J_Smith

J_Smith

Setup - I am looking at 3 charts, and 2 booktraders.

I really can see no value in any additional charts - flicking over and back only causes me to think about things that don't really matter - so whytf should I distract myself, as it is hard enough to see what is going on without confusing the fuk out of my thick head!

Memories - years ago, someone said to me - less is more - boy was he right, and I told him to fuk off back then, instead of listening and learning - I really don't like know alls:rolleyes:

J_S

#5284     Jun 27, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  5. J_Smith

J_Smith

More memories - the wiggle!

I bet a few remember that:D

Btw, if you don't like my posts, then fuk off somewhere else - throwing away money, as RN says, is very serious, and you do what ever is required to prevent that from happening.

J_S

#5285     Jun 27, 2016
  6. J_Smith

J_Smith

If we break above 1997 on ES we might go higher into close?

Now 1993

J_S

#5286     Jun 27, 2016
  7. J_Smith

J_Smith

Just closed NQ trade at 4227.25..bought last night at 4175.00..prob leave money on table..or not..who cares really!

Time to get serious with no distractions..that means no posting on websites till finished trading - which is "obvious"!

J_S

#5287     Jun 28, 2016
  8. J_Smith

J_Smith

Hope a lot of those pension traders are feeling a bit let out this morning - still have my 2070 * 2055 short put spread on ES:rolleyes:

J_S

#5288     Jun 28, 2016
  9. J_Smith

J_Smith

Have to thank RN again for that kick in the ass - all gambling trades closed out now, luckily for a profit - some hairy moments last few days - time to get into the swing of real trading now, which, will have losers as well as winners - only way to make money in this game.

Also, only fools "call" the market - traders "trade" it!

You dumb ass redneck, you:rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

No more reckless trading;)

J_S

Screen Shot 06-28-16 at 03.35 PM.PNG

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    #5289     Jun 28, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

If there is one thing that RN's little kick has really reminded me of, it is, never talk about where you think the market will go, as, it can put subconscious thoughts into your head and make you do silly trades - look at the dumb charts and trade them - fuk the wuda, cuda and shuda, as RN rightly said.

Trade what you see and you will be miles ahead of the " technical traders":rolleyes:

J_S

#5290     Jun 28, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.