Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. J_Smith

J_Smith

TO, you are doing too much thinking, and need to open a small $ account and start trading again. You know what you done wrong now, as in risking way too much, but if you don't trade you will never make any money, and you can do it with very limited risk to build your confidence back up.

This post is for YOU, not me!

Last night I posted an ES option trade that I closed at 12.50..and I put in an order to buy again at 7.00 or 7.50..can't remember..but I changed my mind as market was pulling back..so I caught the pullback today and bought it at 5.50..then closed at 9.50

I am only playing around at the moment, most of my trades are done out in the garden, seriously, so no reason why you, or anyone else, can't do the same, you just need to start thinking about where you will enter, where to get out, and just place the trades, win or lose.

Practice makes perfect, but you must start trading, otherwise you are just wasting your time, and that is silly. Years ago I done a custom course on PLC control for a specific machine, and the person who gave it was the main man for the company that made the machine, and he said something to me that day which has stuck in my mind ever since, which was..

"You should only use a computer to make you money, not waste your time on"

I have reminded myself that saying so many times over the years, and all I will say, he is damn right!

J_S

Screen Shot 02-16-16 at 09.48 PM.PNG

#5031     Feb 16, 2016
  2. J_Smith

J_Smith

TO, this is for YOU, to get your head around some of the stuff in this thread.

It is not the holy grail, but will give you an understanding of how some traders follow the big institutional traders, and has some very valid material for daytrading.

I used it in the past, but have since developed my own approach.

PM me for the password, if you can not get it!

J_S

https://www.sendspace.com/file/uzsdz7

#5032     Feb 16, 2016
  3. SkyChef

SkyChef

:banghead:
    I take a bite after struggling w/ myself to initiate a trade (and still struggling every here & then). After a prolonged period not doing anything regarding of trading and I almost forgot everything.

Know It & Do It.

The Know Part: Know Yourself, Know your instrument, Know how price action influence the probability of direction, risk management and most important know what it is instead of predicting what it will be.
    The Do Part: God help me.:banghead: Start small to build confidence. Positive Reinforcement Habit and do it consistently.

I'm struggling in every aspect of everything I described above. I'm basically go to square one on price action by drawing stick by stick everyday on 10 min chart. One step at a time.

PS: I got to this point by everybody posted something valuable for me to know how unprepared I was and I'm. Thank you guys.

#5033     Feb 17, 2016
  4. J_Smith

J_Smith

SPX is at major level, time to watch!

J_S

Screenshot_2016-02-17-17-58-45_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-02-17-17-57-28_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-17-18-01-49_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    #5034     Feb 17, 2016
  5. J_Smith

J_Smith

First leg down, now we see if the line holds if tested?

Stupid tws mobile charts:rolleyes:

J_S

Screenshot_2016-02-17-18-47-11_1.jpg

#5035     Feb 17, 2016
  6. J_Smith

J_Smith

Test time!

J_S

Screenshot_2016-02-17-19-06-03_1.jpg

#5036     Feb 17, 2016
  7. J_Smith

J_Smith

Always use the line in the sand, and you will stay on the right side of the market :thumbsup:

J_S

Screenshot_2016-02-17-19-17-40_1.jpg

#5037     Feb 17, 2016
  8. SkyChef

SkyChef

JS,
    So now 1927 is line in the sand? What does it say if this line doesn't hold? and is volume an important part if it's broken through w/ low volume?

Thanks

#5038     Feb 17, 2016
  9. J_Smith

J_Smith

It depends on how you trade, but for daytrading the 5 and 1 are fine.

Market now going up till we get below line in sand, and stay below!

Yoy are spot on SC, just do the trades, but be prepared for some whipsaws, so watch futures on booktrader, but overall, you will catch the nice moves, and make money.

Simple as ABC ;)
    J_S

Screenshot_2016-02-17-19-41-48_1.jpg

Screenshot_2016-02-17-19-49-21_1.jpg

#5039     Feb 17, 2016
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

SC, you should now see why you must pay close attention and do the work.

1 min saves you giving back.

You must trade, otherwise you will just be making and giving back, which is total waste of time.

I will send you pm with a link later.

Remember the big picture, we are at key level and could easily reverse quickly!

J_S

Screenshot_2016-02-17-19-52-53_1.jpg

#5040     Feb 17, 2016