Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. J_Smith

J_Smith

Oh there is a password on the pdf alright, as I tried to crack it with an online pdf cracker and it told me it would take 1.2 million years,don't think I will be around that long:mad:

I want to open this file to see what it is about, and then see if it relates to some of the OP's posts.

I have downloaded a pdf cracker and will leave it run, but it looks like it won't be easy to crack, so, if someone has the password will they please post it as it will save me wasting some time, which I don't like doing at all.

J_S

#3771     Apr 28, 2015
  2. Vindago

Vindago

Hmmm I suspect that the Y axis may be scaled in logarithmic scale but I am still wondering what is measured. Well, I am curious and I will eventually figure it out...

#3772     Apr 28, 2015
  3. J_Smith

J_Smith

The first chart is AAL, or American Airlines

AAL.PNG

Todays details are as follows.

O = 51.70
    H = 51.82
    L = 50.01
    C = 51.56 as at 18:12

So, I would guess as follows.

Left scale = Range
    Bottom Scale = Days in reverse
    Right Scale = Current Prices of Red and Blue
    0.5 line = 50 cent range as a miniumm

Red = Days range (Low to High)?
    Blue = Days Open ?

Am I close 030985 ?

J_S

#3773     Apr 28, 2015
  4. 030985

If you take some time to think as you just did here, you will realise that the password to the pdf file is quite obvious, and won't need the pdfcracker at all :)

Regarding the blue line, which seems an interesting value to know, I did not manage to decipher how it is obtained yet, and so I don't know what it represents.
    At first sight, it seems to behave a bit like a moving average (but if so, not a simple moving average one) as it never overrides the red line, but I tend to doubt it is one and think it is more like a derivated value around which the range tends to oscillate. More investigation needed :D

#3774     Apr 29, 2015
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

I have posted the answer about 5 times already in past. I guess, all recent posters did not fully read the thread.

The obvious is to do the opposite of what ever you doing. But it has to be the exact opposite. It is that simple.

#3775     Apr 29, 2015
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

In the first post, the OP talks about "the obvious pre-requisite to trading any market.". A prerequisite is something that must be done or acquired before something else (trading, in this case). So looking at charts is just silly. Chart reading, for those who do it, is a part of trading, not a prerequisite to trading.

In his last post (the stupid poem), the OP spells the key word as "obvIOUs". I have no idea what his see-thru box refers to but I do know this:

IOU = debt

In other words, the OP has been pushing the simple (and simpleminded) idea of getting rid of all debt before you begin trading. Good advice for a clueless newbie but irrelevant to a skilled trader. Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time.

This is the "profound wisdom" the OP made into a silly guessing game.

Can we please PLEASE close this thread now? :(

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    #3776     Apr 29, 2015
  7. JTrades

JTrades

Yes, please...
    stop.png
    Just...
    trade-what-you-see.png
    Then...
    go-to-the-bank.png

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    #3777     Apr 29, 2015
  8. J_Smith

J_Smith

Surely you are not serious!!!!!!!!!

J_S

#3778     Apr 29, 2015
  9. J_Smith

J_Smith

If you do not tell me the password, then I will not tell u what I think when I discover what the OP was really on about.

Deal or No Deal?

Will revise my thinking on blue line, as it is obvious it is not the open price, it appears to be a range of some prices. That was a silly statement for me to make!

I have discovered a way to get the charts like MN has, but not to the same detail as of yet.

J_S

#3779     Apr 29, 2015
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

I disagree with that statement.

While it may sound like perfect sense to just do the opposite to what you are doing if you are losing, as in buy/sell if you think you should sell/buy, in reality it does not work that way for several reasons, which I will not go into right now.

So far, there are 2 distinct words that keep surfacing in my mind from the readings in this thread.

1. pre-requisite
    2. why

Most are aware that the majority of talk in relation to trading is of no real value to anyone, but for some silly reason, most continue on and ignore this fact of life as if it does not matter. I would argue that it matters greatly, and would even say that until the person finally sees all the rubbish talk for what it really is, then no real progress can be made.

I want to get that pdf open to see if my thoughts are on the right wavelength in relation to this thread.

030985, if you do not know the password then you best tell me now, as I do not like wasting my time - you either know it or you don't know it?

J_S

#3780     Apr 29, 2015