Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Vindago

Vindago

Hi MJ I hope I was not too explicit as I only repeated concepts that have been expressed by the OP and others in the Know in the thread so many times...

#3731     Feb 22, 2015
  2. Vindago

Vindago

P.S. I am proud to say that in the year since I started trading (and, by the way, mostly loosing money, as I often thought i knew something) I have never read a trading book.
    Now, maybe I will read few chapters here and there to better know how the ones I want to take money from think...;)

#3732     Feb 22, 2015
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Glad to hear it :)

#3733     Feb 24, 2015
  4. MadeMan

MadeMan

u got to be fucking kidding me !

The guy who got me into trading at first place , handed me this book !!!!

but i thought it was more on the philosophical path (live wise)... not actual trading wise... (u know the technical part:rolleyes:)

now after eight years studieng/trading and what not (thou with success).. i need to go back to the very beginning ! to get me to the final level!. lol ..if i may remember the book correctly it has actually the same ending... dunno

i need to read it again..

#3734     Feb 24, 2015
  5. note

note

Good Man, You cracked it.

Time=Money

I can draw few conclusion,

1) Trade only at specific time ?
    2) Can i trade just based on Time, not looking at price (money) ?
    3) Is it time value of options ?

Looks similar to Einsteins time and space are same thing.

#3735     Feb 25, 2015
  6. Vindago

Vindago

Hi note,

while I am pretty sure I got the Obvious as it is so Obvious that it cannot be anything else, I am still figuring out how the Obvious works.

The best answer to your questions is implicit in this thread which I consider pure gold!

my non-expert answer to your questions would be:
    1) well, of course the time is specific to the trade but it is not the same for any two trades
    2) I would not advise that as price is a key variable for trading, how can you BLASH or SHABL if you don't look at the price?
    3) I don't even understand how options work (well I have a general idea but I have never even cared to look into Options yet) so, I would say No.

my suggestion is first and formost to keep your accout live and trade small until you figure things out ( I did not and lost quite a bit, I could have learned all I lerned trading small and loosing small) and read (and re-read) this thread every few months, you will see new things...

finally, I suggest another thread (that was suggested somewhere in this thread) that gave me the last piece of the "Obvious not so obvious" puzzle:
    Market Intelligence-The Key To Profits by The General

#3736     Feb 25, 2015
  7. note

note

I am reading this thread from few years now.

Dont mind reading this one too.

BTW , how does it feels like when you know the obvious, my understanding is , it should be something like only one way to go...like you are tuning your radio to different frequency..you seems to get funny sounds..but once when you are at right frequency you can hear loud and clear..music...waiting for that experience...

#3737     Feb 25, 2015
  8. Vindago

Vindago

Hi Note,

honestly after the first moment of elation I felt like a total idiot, first because I have been such since I started trading (and not just because of the obvious), second because a few months ago I considered the Obvious and then I discarded it and I returned in the confortable idiot frame of mind, evidently I had not given away enough money yet :(:(:(

#3738     Feb 25, 2015
  9. Josef K

Josef K

#3739     Feb 25, 2015
  10. Vindago

Vindago

The funny thing is that it seems that most of the focus by many here is on the second part of the OP question while the first part is forgotten...

#3740     Feb 28, 2015