Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. J Ski

J Ski

The obvious.
    Insider information.

But...don't do what Mark Cuban done.
    With all that money he has.
    Consult with your attorney before you sell stock to
    avoid losing $750,000.
    Attorney fee for an hour of consult would have cost $357.00.
    Attorney fee after being charged with Insider Trading, probably 3 x $357.00.
    Or he should have at least reviewed the book.
    Insider trading for dummies.

#3591     Oct 14, 2013
  2. ^^^^^^^^^Welcome to the NSA, SEC watch list.:)

#3592     Oct 14, 2013
  3. Mysteron

Mysteron

Admit it chum, you are hooked :cool:

#3593     Nov 2, 2013
  4. J Ski

J Ski

OT(I feel like crap.
    Cold or flu with back strain, beaten into humility)

3 days of night fever, can't remember which post I was going to comment on.

At any rate I got so sick with doctor's mistakes on prescribing meds, that I am trying to shake this without meds.
    I'm a mess.

Just wanted to say sincerely...thank you to whoever the original poster is. Even though I don't obviously know what the obvious is, it's been a discussion thread that has been extremely interesting, and helped me think about things in different ways.

#3594     Nov 2, 2013
  5. fivaxis

fivaxis

Lets see if the worm has any merit. From what I'm seeing tsla will hit 148 in a couple weeks.

#3595     Nov 2, 2013
  6. Obviously the obvious is not so obvious because it has taken this thread thousands of posts to say absolutely nothing meaningful, including this post.

#3596     Nov 3, 2013
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Indictment on this thread… or the participants who don’t get it & naysayers

Rhetorical of course

======================

There is ample food for thought - or not

RN

#3597     Nov 3, 2013
  8. I've been around long enough to have made it over a decade ago, when you want to help, you help, you don't go with obfuscating bullshit to confuse even further those already confused. You just do it you provide in a clear manner and you move forward, this, this is ridiculous.

#3598     Nov 3, 2013
    Joe6Pack likes this.
  9. Redneck

Redneck

A decade and counting – bully for you

=========================

Yes, there are many ways to help - the least effective in trading – is to “just do it”

Ever shared something so simple, yet effective – only to have the one you shared with - blow it off

There are reasons for that – none of which is likely the recipient’s shortcomings

=======================

Why the people, who don’t get this thread, continue to poke at it – is laughable

Keep on truckin

RN

#3599     Nov 3, 2013
  10. Redneck, it is no secret that when you are trading, your worst enemy is yourself. Most people get that after a bit of trading. The ego will always lead you down the incorrect path. The ironic thing here is that you guys are using your "egoless" philosophy to pump up your egos here on the forums. I guess you can't escape the man in the mirror after all, can you?

Yes, trading by what the ego tells you will lead to losses. However, please don't act like you guys have shared some amazing, esoteric information with us. Knowing yourself is a requirement for profitable trading, but it is not the only requirement. You will not magically know the market's moves just because you can see through the distortions of the ego. It's a good first step, however.

One other thing that has been bothering me about this thread is that it's based upon a "statistic" that was invented out of thin air - that 90%+ lose and 10% or less win. Some here have even claimed that 99.9% lose. It's pretty simple to do some research and find that the truth is quite different. The 90/10 figure has been circulating around forums for a LONG time, and that is where it was invented. CFTC data, for example, will show you that it's more like 60/40. That tells me that profitability is mostly random, with a small edge to those who have some skill.

No one here is blowing off your advice. It's just that most people already know it. You guys are the ones who apparently think it's the grail. I'm actually convinced that none of you are as experienced as you claim or you wouldn't be acting like defeating the ego is the be-all-end-all. It's common knowledge, and as I said it is a good thing to have in your toolbox but it's not the grail.

I'm glad you have found something that you think works for you. Now go use it instead of inflating your ego here on the forum with it. You and I both know that you're only working against yourself by doing that.

#3600     Nov 4, 2013