Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by nysestocks, Jan 25, 2009.

1. that what a market is XX..people acting on different opinions..and people being so irrational..can change their minds very easily:)

the big fat arse bastards do control price movements in most markets..most of the time..except when big and small black swans appear..more later..must go

TO

#3041     Jul 8, 2012
  2. xburbx

xburbx

When I was tracking the ts during the day I would watch live and then go over a printout. I would mark the chart where larger money entered. There were time when large money would bump the market but also plenty of times when the market floundered for a few minutes in an illiquid state. Usually te spreads would get larger here because there were no buyers and sellers. A few times the market would move quite far without the big money starting it. I wasn't sure what sense to make of it. The only logic I came up with was that if you had big money buy at a number and then big money of similar size sell at that number at that same time the market would just sit. The same is true for any amount of money at any given time. This was what I thought based on how basic buying and selling works. I'm sure there is more to it that I'm not aware of.

#3042     Jul 8, 2012
  3. schulzey

schulzey

Alright, out of curiousity I read the first 100 pages of this thread and I couldn't take it anymore. There was so much nonsense on here. The further I read the worse it got.

Was anything ever answered on this thread or was it just a waste of everyone elses time as much as mine?

Why start a thread with a question that you act like you know but will never answer? It seems to me that the very person who says ego should be left out is all about ego. It's obvious that nysestocks just loves the powertrip of people stumbling over his pointless riddles.

He states that everyone needs to think outside the box, but early on he states that someone told him this supposed secret to trading and he was told to never tell anyone else. He didn't figure it on his own yet he says that everyone else is ignorant for not seeing the obvious (if there is even an obvious other than pratice, hard work, and perserverance which are the secrets to everything).

There were so many contradictions yet the thread kept going on and on as if there was some holy grail. But remember everyone, there are no gurus or holy grails. Except for nysestocks who wants you to think he is a guru with a holy grail that he won't disclose. lol

When someone says they are making $200 a day trading and that Warren Buffet doesn't understand how stocks work (net worth around $55,000,000,000) this turned into a freak show. I'm not saying I would use Warren Buffets investing strategies, but you have to admit, that's a ridiculous statement.

#3043     Jul 8, 2012
  4. tis OBVIOUS u did not read correctly..and..if u don't like it u can go elsewhere..no one gives a shyte what u say..especially TO:D

be sure to warn everyone..now..won't U..another one has come to the rescue:)

the $200 a day trader who knows absolutely nothing about trading..how right u are..so off u go to those who do know:)

The Oracle..also known as TO..member of TFF:D

#3044     Jul 8, 2012
  5. schulzey

schulzey

Unlike Nysestocks I'm not trying to warn anyone or act like I know something special or that I am something special. Trading is a competition. I was merely posting out of frustration that I wasted so much time reading this thread. I figured I'd just point out the OBVIOUS contradictions that so many others have noticed. I feel better now. I now apologize for wasting your time by reading my post. Good day to you sir!

#3045     Jul 8, 2012
  6. well XX..lets see if we can shed some light..maybe the sleezy fellow might learn something..sure i would imagine he would like to be able to make $200 a day:)

contrary to what the sleezy fellow thinks..there are some who have perfected the art of trading..as with any other profession..there will always be those who know a bit more..and..they usually charge a lot more for knowing what others do not..think of barristers and ceo's..look what they charge:eek:

so..as TO has said..for those who are willing and able to think..that is:D..the goal is not to become one of the few..but to not become one of the many

what has this got to do with profits..well..everything..if u work it out..but if u are not willing to think and work it out for urself..then u are but one of the many..and..will get as they get

fuk buffet and his billions..who gives a shyte about him..or any other arsehole..fuk them all..they are all of no use to U..so forget about them completely..and only concentrate on what U need to accomplish next..even if it is only $200 a day :D

so..how do u get better at reading t&s..and making some money with it?

TO

#3046     Jul 8, 2012
  7. apology accepted SY..and of course u are entitled to ur opinion..u see..TO does not mind being criticized..in fact it is good for U..keeps u in touch with reality..but always expect to get what u give..as it is only right:)

u are of course welcome to stay and join the discussions if u like..and i will not be rude..well..it will depend on what is posted really..but if u post something about trading that is true..then TO will be the first to applaud u..and likewise if u post rubbish

TO

#3047     Jul 8, 2012
  8. actually..SY has brought up a very important point..and that is..how a person comes to a conclusion..based on what they have read

point..there are some here that know about TFF..their basic principles..and what they are all about..those few..have generally being around for a while..and have seen many stupid, factual and sense making posts

then..we have a small few that have just arrived..some have clued in quickly..and others have not..and..the reason being..they way they think

the way u think is based on all ur past experiences..so..if something does not agree with ur past experiences..then u will more than likely be against it from the start..even though u may be completely wrong

thus..as mentioned..u must learn to quickly distinguish between those who know what they are talking about..and those who do not..but it is not easy..as u only have past experiences to go on..so..u must also open ur mind every time u read something..and see if u can read between the lines..for..it will help u greatly to get away from the limited way of thinking that u were brought up with..no disrespect to parents..as they knew no better..for they were brought up the same way before u..and so on..

remember the famous quote..tis not easy being different..and the easy road is normally the wrong one:)

TO

#3048     Jul 8, 2012
  9. so SY..now TO wants to apologize to U..will u accept my apology and stay?

remember..the only thing TO knows is that he knows absolutely nothing :)

TO

#3049     Jul 8, 2012
  10. to pick up..yes..if i remember right..was RN not going to start a discussion around IA..and did anyone work out what IA stands for?

glad to see that u are doing ur own thing XX..u see..did TO not say that when u start to think differently u will start to meet and discuss things with different people..those who just might be able to help with understanding things that u do not understand

TO

#3050     Jul 8, 2012