Why Do We Trade? For Real.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cornix, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Don't force yourself in using very difficult words to impress us. We are just simple people. But I think the word "correllelogram" does not exist.

#331     Mar 26, 2015
  2. Are you maybe Nostradamus? Who says I am poor? You even have no clue who I am. This shows how "scientifical" your answers are.

#332     Mar 26, 2015
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

How could it be obvious when you've declared nonexistent something that everyone else I know says exists?

So by your definition, a random process cannot generate trends, which flies in the face of actual evidence.

Given your own repeated example, ten heads in a row is a trend. Just because something is rare, that doesn't mean it's nonexistent.

Care to revise your definition?

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...see-trends-in-randomly-generated-data.118599/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    #333     Mar 26, 2015
  4. Yeah, Surf let's avoid the accusations of poor (& personal attacks) when you have no evidence to prove as such.

Again, the problem continues to be lack of / differences in definitions.

Surf and anyone else - please give your definition(s) of a trend in any underlying market. Be as specific as possible.

I will start with my own: 3 consecutive closes on the same side of "indicatorX" - which is proprietary and was given to me years ago by a (believed to be deceased former) member of ET. It is very close to an indicator that is used by a private trader located somewhere in North America who is moderately well-known, but rarely discussed.

#334     Mar 26, 2015
    VPhantom and StarDust9182 like this.
  5. Huh? Exploitable is the key word. Can you exploit trends effectively in randomness?

#335     Mar 26, 2015
    StarDust9182 likes this.
  6. I agree, that was poor form on my part. However, the person claims consistent 80% accuracy. We both know that isn't accurate or possible -- therefore it is a safe assumption that the rest of the rhetoric is also fantasy. surf

#336     Mar 26, 2015
  7. Interesting--- was this Jack Hershey? I know he is really old, not sure deceased however. Can you share this indicator so it can be tested? surf

#337     Mar 26, 2015
  8. hershey? L O L. No, i was not ever involved with that crackhead.

It's similar to the Drummond PLDot. That is public info. I can't share the one I was given, as it is not mine to share.

#338     Mar 26, 2015
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

No, the key word is existence. According to you, trends don't even exist in stock markets so by your declaration, they obviously aren't exploitable. Nonexistent things can't be exploited.

Again, care to revise your definition?

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...see-trends-in-randomly-generated-data.118599/

#339     Mar 26, 2015
  10. thank you
    Does it work?

#340     Mar 26, 2015