Why do traders fail?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tradester123, Sep 10, 2013.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Just an addendum to this excellent post. Trading has been promoted by many scammers as a get-rich-quick scheme. It looks as easy as videogaming to many people. Scams like Wizetrade are specifically marketed as it being that easy, if not easier. So no wonder if some people come here with the expectation that trading is something that can be learned in a few weekends at most. They've seen the infomercials telling them as much.

#321     Apr 4, 2015
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Well, if Barbra Streisand can do it . . .

#322     Apr 4, 2015
  3. Ouch1963

Ouch1963

what are your best books?

#323     Apr 4, 2015
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Is this directed to me or to the OP?

#324     Apr 4, 2015
  5. Well, that's what they call marketing. Tell the people what they want to hear. Doesn't have to be the reality, and mostly is indeed NOT like reality. An because most people think they are smarter than the average human, this marketing works. Till the account is wiped out.
    To me the market tells me how smart, or stupid, I am. I receive daily updates on the level of my intelligence through my account statements. That's the hard truth and cannot be denied. But the truth can be pleasant too.

#325     Apr 5, 2015
  6. emg

emg

small traders still lose.

More than 90% of small traders lose! They just lose!

#326     Sep 1, 2015
  7. He's baaaaaaack .......!

#327     Sep 1, 2015
  8. emg

emg

Here is an interesting article:

Six in Ten Mom-and-Pop Currency Traders Lose Money Each Quarter

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/01/16/six-in-ten-retail-forex-traders-lose-money-each-quarter/

According to the article, 99% of small traders lose annual.

[​IMG]

The article also points out profitable traders open an account with a firm that have an extreme higher minimum deposit requirement, while small traders open an account with a firm that have an extreme lower minimum deposit requirement.

[​IMG]

In other word, poor people shop at walmart, while rich people shop at wholefood

poor = losers

This is not only fx, but to futures, options, and stocks

#328     Sep 2, 2015
    Visaria likes this.
  9. Heh Emg, where have you been? Did you reload your account?

#329     Sep 2, 2015
  10. Visaria

Visaria

good to see u back, emg. a sane voice in an insane world. welcome back :)

#330     Sep 2, 2015