Why Do Most Retail Traders Favour Technical Analysis ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Fundlord, Jul 1, 2015.

1. pauk

pauk

So 'trading the behaviour' is just changing the language you use to describe where and why you are taking a trade and what you think is happening, but in the end gives the same entries and the same result since it's all visual and manifests itself as bars on a chart.

#11     Jul 2, 2015
    kut2k2 likes this.
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Bingo. People who insist you need to know why price did what it did or that you even can most of time figure this out are fooling themselves almost always. Why is immaterial, what happened is what matters the most. The goal is to find exploitable patterns. Leave why to the academics and the blithering idiots on CNBC; trading is a business, not an economics seminar.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    #12     Jul 2, 2015
  3. nursebee

nursebee

This is a manner of opinion.
    If the goal is to "trade", perhaps this has more validity.
    If the goal is to profit, make money, then all methods should be considered.

#13     Jul 2, 2015
    apdxyk likes this.
  4. DDR

DDR

This is what I was talking about T/A and F/A working together Quote by Michael Marcus
    Secrets.png

#14     Jul 2, 2015
    Adam777 and marketsurfer like this.
  5. Patterns do repeat, but not in a quantifiable consistent manner--- my eyes were open when i witnessed several very skilled technical analysts making decisions based on a quasi random number generated chart, made to look like a financial chart--- knowing that the chart was from random numbers, but seeing TA pros trying to trade it, was a epiphany for me---

Next, I spent some time at Knight and watched the marketmakers pick off the day traders --and this was years ago--- I realized that you need to come up with something new and different to win in this game. surf

PS-- clearly TA combined with fundamentals makes much more sense overall---these pure price action manual trading guys like the scribblers and straight line types are FOS, there is no question about it. surf

#15     Jul 2, 2015
  6. just21

just21

The Market Technicians Association are promoting this heavily as fusion analysis.

#16     Jul 2, 2015
  7. Interesting--- looks like they have "seen the light"-- I am happy to hear this--- over time, they will drop traditional TA completely if they remain objective. surf

#17     Jul 2, 2015
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

John Bollinger calls it Rational Analysis. The idea has been around at least since the mid-Nineties.

#18     Jul 2, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  9. Sergio77

Sergio77

Because learning anything else requires an advanced graduate degree.

#19     Jul 2, 2015
  10. Sergio77

Sergio77

He also disovered America and many planets.

#20     Jul 2, 2015