who is your fav trader to follow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashclay, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Im sure he feels empathy toward you, also--wee man.

#21     Jul 26, 2015
  2. Let's say you randomly enter in the direction of the prevailing move---?? Then would it work?

I agree completely with your last sentence.

surf

#22     Jul 26, 2015

3. Don't you dare apologize to me, your scepticism, and refusal to accept what you are told, is EXACTLY what makes you different, someone who has a chance to make, and hold onto, money. Everybody else is making plenty of money but giving it all back. Everything I have above the average break even guy who toughed it out for a year or two and is barely treading water, it came from being outside the box and not very likable. LOL

You obviously have opened the door to winning. In 1000 trades, you WILL win 500 times, so how do we occupy ourselves to ensure 500 losses are so inconsequential that 500 wins make us wealthy?

Something is wrong in a winning trader's mind, because everyone else is occupied in trying to MAKE it rain in a single trade by shaking the totem just so. Once we give up on this impossible mission, this becomes a very profitable profession.

You are a force of nature, made of WIN, and will not fail, primarily because you have passed the highest hurdle, you no longer NEED probability in a single trade.

So INCREDIBLY preachy, but I am into my cups, so I get wordy.

#23     Jul 26, 2015

4. "Something is wrong in a winning trader's mind, because everyone else is occupied in trying to MAKE it rain in a single trade by shaking the totem just so. Once we give up on this impossible mission, this becomes a very profitable profession. "

What? I was trying to say the mindset of a winner is unusual, but obviously got lost gazing at myself in the mirror, LOL.

#24     Jul 26, 2015
  5. cashclay

cashclay

but htere are consistent traders whether theyre losing or winning. what about those people. i do have this feeling as well.

#25     Jul 26, 2015
  6. I don't understand Clay, but thank you for your support.

Winning and consistency are the things everybody else yearns for, once you realize you are going to be on the right side of 500 out of a thousand trades, things get interesting.

Oops. had a little accident, and have to plug up all the holes. Love this site.

#26     Jul 26, 2015
  7. He's SPECIFICALLY asking for intra-day traders. Are you mental or something? And btw VN is terrible.

Nathan Michaud is decent.

https://twitter.com/d4ytrad3 has some good info as well.

#27     Jul 26, 2015
  8. I follow Mr Mkt. He always seems to trade on inside info.

#28     Jul 26, 2015
  9. Redneck

Redneck

BBE,

I'm truly humbled Sir..., Thank You for the Very Kind words

Ain't that the ever living / lovin truth

So simple..., yet so counter-intuitive

I knew what you meant

================

To be a good winner..., be a better loser :)

Trade Well Tomorrow Sir - and as always - to hell with the results

RN

#29     Jul 26, 2015
  10. Redneck

Redneck

First, a few disclaimers

I have never tried this.., so what I'm about say is my opinion

I'm thinking this through as I type - so if I miss a point - I screwed up

======================

Each move (and I don't care what TF (time sample) is used).., from its inception to its conclusion.., has;

prevailing moves (thrusts)
    pullbacks (retests if you prefer)
    retraces
    ranges
    reversal
    (and all these could..., or could not - be accompanied with volatility / momentum / chop N slop)

Entering randomly only gives a roughly 1 in 4 chance of getting it right (entering with a decent chance to profit..., and with out an inordinate amount of risk)

That would be during the beginning / middle of a thrust phase(s) - and ideally it needs to be in one of the earlier thrusts (ones without a majority of the typical traders on board)

Otherwise the random entry trader is..., suffering heat - if it near/ in a PB / retrace phase..., potential huge loss - if it near a reversal phase..., or stagnation - if it in/ near a range phase

Granted.., the above can be mitigated..., to a degree..., with tight stops

But by entering randomly - one could very well be entering..., repeatedly..., in an area where they will be chopped to death (at a time where it most prudent to be sitting on hands)

===============

In theory..., entering randomly.., with prudent risk management.., sounds doable

In practice..., I don't believe it is - because it does not factor in the current environment..., nor does it factor in - where in the current life cycle of a move - it is entering

As Albert Einstein stated

“In theory..., theory and practice are the same. In practice..., they are not.”

================

Anyone / everyone - feel free to pick this apart

RN

#30     Jul 27, 2015