When Indicators Don't Lag

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by BOC, Mar 22, 2015.

1. romik

romik

Do you know how weak your arguments sound?

It goes like this:

I have an almost 100% parameter, as I have a special skill set (I see dead people), I won't show you, as you would manage to figure it out and steal what's mine.

It sounds pathetic, if a magician was to tell a crowd that he could move a mountain, but refused to put his ability on display, what would he be called?

I am not a basher, I call it as it is - bullshit! You have a problem with opinions of others, then don't come out with statements that you can't back onto a public forum.

You seem all wound up, touched a nerve?

#291     Apr 4, 2015
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I see no difference between his claims and those made by others in this thread, none of whom apparently have mirrors in their homes.

Big hat, no cattle.

#292     Apr 4, 2015
  3. romik

romik

So far, we have provided whatever you asked for. We gave you 4-5 setups where an indicator/price pattern/s are forecasting the direction of price. Next thing, we will make calls around those forecasts with stops (assume they are paper trades, it really isn't relevant to your question) and will observe the final result. The proof is in the pudding as they say. We will aim to demonstrate that irrespective of win/loss ratio what really matters is capital & trade management.

#293     Apr 4, 2015
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If this is to be your journal, fine. But if so, you would do well to provide a lot more detail, for example, all those divergences which you did not take at the time and which would have resulted in losses.

Hindsight is fine if presented with a detailed plan. Otherwise, it's just cherry-picking.

#294     Apr 4, 2015
  5. romik

romik

And you were the one quoting Jim Rogers?

#295     Apr 4, 2015
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You seem to have misunderstood him. He waits for the opportunity, then takes advantage of it. This is considerably different from saying that one sees an opportunity that may or may not come up eventually and that it may or may not be taken according to criteria that haven't been specified.

Your oil post, for example. I don't read everything you write, but I remember something along the lines of "go long crude". When? At what price? Are you buying Sunday night? Monday morning? What price are you using for your entry stop? Or are you entering at the market?

The "short at" and "long at" -style post doesn't mean much. It's done, if done. What is of more value is "going to short such and such at such and such price or when such and such occurs at such and such a bar or candle interval". Like NoDoji does. Otherwise it's just filling up server space.

#296     Apr 4, 2015
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Oh I know I could only dream of being like you.
    :D
    :rolleyes:
    :p

#297     Apr 4, 2015
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Many "traders" - in quotes for a reason - believe a high win rate is the objective.

Win rate is almost always inversely related to profits. And I might be wrong about including the almost word.

#298     Apr 4, 2015
  9. You have problems with reading too?

This is what I wrote:You should not aim for high win rates, you should aim for high profits. If your system is good your win rate will be automatically high as a result of your system.

In simple words: high profits are relevant. If you reach these high profits your win rate will be high.
    Later I even specified that this was the case in my trading and I even admitted that this might be different for people trading other systems.

As general rule there is no relation between profits and win rates. You can have few big winners and a lot of losers, but you can also have a lot of winners and only a few losers.

From your statement I conclude that you have to make as less as possible good trades because then you make bigger profits. Inversely means less number of good trades will automatically result in bigger profits. Or in other words: if you have 1 winning trade your profit will be automatically bigger than if you have 2 good trades.
    If you have 2 winning trades the total profit is ALWAYS bigger than if you have 1 winning trade. Even basic maths appears to become a problem for some "traders".
    Is this Elite Trader, or is this Elite Troll?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    #299     Apr 4, 2015
    lucysparabola likes this.
  10. romik

romik

That's exactly what you are being provided with, discretionary decision based on certain conditions, do you really think we are naive to trade any divergence? Don't worry about fine print, we both like what we are seeing based on our personal experiences. Assume going in with a market order and stops will be below current lows of the chart being traded, will update you in due course. You may like complexity in trade decision making, I like to keep it KISS as much as possible, I think B1 too.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    #300     Apr 4, 2015
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.