What to expect after making 24% for a hedge fund co on their platform in less than ONE month

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ALEXGOLD, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ALEXGOLD

ALEXGOLD

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. ALEXGOLD

ALEXGOLD

amzn-cool.png

3. xandman

xandman

You have to hook up with a Prime Broker to make capital introductions.

4. My thoughts:
    1. I made in my first month around +50%. Evereybody was interested to see what would happen, but nobody was interested to invest.
    2. One month later it was a lot less, and 1 year later it was...
    3. Investors ask a track records expressed in YEARS not in MONTHS, and surely not in 1 month.
    4. After 2 years trading I understood why.
    5. Finding an investor with 5-30 million is also not very realistic.

5. ALEXGOLD

ALEXGOLD

True in all, except this is not my first month. My recent engagement I did was making predictions for stocks, futures and FX. Made over 1000 so far. Before that I was a trader for a bank (European equities). And being a discretionary trader, I made some very good forecast about the markets to some well known firms for 2008 and even for 2015-2017.
    4. If you are starting a fund it is not the same as investing into it.
    5. My pitch with only 3.5% a month more realistic? http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...wi-to-start-a-hedge-fund.291092/#post-4114928

the company promised to send me a kind of report describing the style, drawdown, etc. will make it available here.

6. What is most important is consistency over a long period.
    Making a few very good predictions is not enough because you should trade all year round.
    I still think that finding millions to start will not be easy.
    But you should try, if you don't try it you will never know.
    Just do it (I stole this from Nike).

lucysparabola likes this.
  7. i960

i960

How is this not correlated entirely to AMZN and a bull market? What would you have if the street was actually rational and knocked AMZN by 20% after their most recent earnings?

8. clacy

clacy

Not saying I don't believe you but if you did all that including advising "well known firms" etc, why the hell are you HERE of all places asking how to raise OPM from HNWI?

blakpacman likes this.
  9. ALEXGOLD

ALEXGOLD

First of all, I am calculating the price curve, after that if it was successful, I try to figure out if investing in it can be profitable. So, for example, the stock has clear patterns that can bring profit I use it, if not - go finding another one. Not all stocks can be "predicted" with the same accuracy for some known reasons.

There were no extremely good stocks out of 5-6 I presented here in the forum. Simply I did not find it or missed as I minimized my search to this selection.

I do trade only liquid stocks as the chance somebody can ruin the scenario is minimal.

10. Autodidact

Autodidact

One month performance could had been a "gamble" gone right.

You need a track record that includes hundreds, preferably thousands of trades, and it's a huge advantage if you can demonstrate performance during bull *and* bear markets.

Remember, there is always a logical question that every investor thinks about, "if it's so good and scalable why does he need more capital, might as well use compounding"

Just my 02 cents.

#10     Apr 25, 2015