What Marketsurfer Believes

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Surf random walk theory has been proven wrong and over the long run randomness of an individual event gets washed away....

#11     Apr 3, 2015
    kut2k2 and SwingToWin like this.
  2. The adaptive market theory is another way to look at the market but I fail to see how it can help profitability---- however, lo's son is one mean chess player!. Thanks! surf

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    #12     Apr 3, 2015
  3. Fascinating, the random walk hypothesis has been elevated to fact. I must have missed something along the way.

#13     Apr 3, 2015
    kut2k2 likes this.
  4. So what are these money makers looking at if not charts?

#14     Apr 3, 2015

5. Check adaptive market theory. that's really the most cogent antithesis to the random walk-- but i don't find it practical. surf

#15     Apr 3, 2015
  6. 14. Trading is not a solo endeavor. Price reading profit making savants are pure fantasy. Cultivate relationships and socialize-- relationship arbitrage is key to stay on the cutting edge of the changing financial market. Add value to others so value is exchanged back to you. Everyone can help you and everyone needs help in one way or the other.

#16     Apr 3, 2015
    dealmaker likes this.
  7. Can Jack Hershey help you? We all know he needs help...

#17     Apr 3, 2015

8. I like looking at the ocean and my wife. In all seriousness, I am not talking about scalping minute by minute, but rather planned short term trades where orders are placed in advance to price moving events, sometimes straddled if the Price Drivers are uncertain--- the market isn't "watched" intraday physically, but rather via alerts-- this provides the freedom to do other things--- surf

#18     Apr 3, 2015

9. For humor only! LOL. Wonder if he is still among the living? He has been very quiet lately. I also wonder if he was just someone's alter ego who was poking fun at traders??!

#19     Apr 3, 2015
  10. What does adaptive market HYPOTHESIS have to do with your point that the markets are random?

Again, you are elevating something to what it isn't. Lo offered no evidence that would lead one to use it as a working basis for analysing the markets, and nothing to prove randomness.

#20     Apr 3, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.