What is your single biggest fear in life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Thunderdog, Feb 3, 2006.

1. All neurotic/perceived fear is rooted in fear of loss of something percieved substantial early on. (Darth Vader or is it dark invader?) The only real fear is fear of death. Once you handle that, that one day you won't wake up and the world will move on without you in it, fear alchemizes into unstoppable desire manifested on the street when people move out of your way off an unconscious vibe you own/project that they obviously recieve and get is clearer and stronger than theirs.

#51     Feb 6, 2006
  2. Exactly!

I'm on this thread because I'm afraid of being on this thread.

:cool:

#52     Feb 6, 2006
  3. chisel

chisel

Yes, yes. "Your fear makes it so" as a therapist of mine used to tell me. My fears parallel Thunderdog's: fear of being alone and fear that my trading method will stop working. I also have a fear of success. I've been working on all three for years.

#53     Feb 6, 2006
  4. GRX

GRX

Truer words were never spoken! :)

#54     Feb 6, 2006
  5. I'm not sure I agree. If you characterize fear of death as driving carefully, eating wisely and avoiding dark alleys in dangerous neighborhoods, then I suppose you may be right. But I prefer to regard that as living responsibly. My fear of death is vague and indirect, and it surfaces only in times of imminent physical danger. Perhaps I would be more aware of it if I were gravely ill or if I were living in a war zone.

However, if I had to boil it all down into a single fear, then I would probably conclude that my biggest fear is living a life that is not well lived. Since you only get to have one lick at the ice cream cone of life, it ought to be a good one.

#55     Feb 8, 2006
  6. My biggest fear is I will wake up in the morning on another planet
    and be 100x as big as the people on the planet and they will think
    I am an evil Giant and call me Cyclops or something...:p

#56     Feb 9, 2006
  7. My greatest fear, without a doubt, is that society suddenly plunges into an ultra- irrational hellhole morass ala Nazi Germany. People are weak. With a snap of the fingers your next door neighbor could be doing perverted medical expirements on elderly pensioners. Technology is moving in a direction where people's bizarrest desires and impulses are gratified and unchallenged.

#57     Feb 9, 2006
  8. TylerSJI

TylerSJI

I'm afraid of spiders.

I'm afraid that the western world's ever increasing wealth and automated workload (robots, computers) will eventually result in a (more) proud, lazy, individualistic society.

I'm afraid that in the not too distant future many people might die in large wars between the millions of aggressive Muslims and Isreal/US/willing Euros and Asians. Consider how they voted in the Hamas and the current Iranian president, and how bonkers they're going over a crude cartoon page.

I'm afraid that all my hard work at becoming successful might be in vain.

#58     Feb 9, 2006
  9. ellokn

ellokn

Biggest fear in life?

Losing a child to violence, accident, suffering and disease.

Everything else is not really important.

#59     Feb 9, 2006
  10. Warmagus

Warmagus

Fear of regret over so much time wasted. I don't want to waste anymore time.

#60     Feb 25, 2006