What is your single biggest fear in life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Thunderdog, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Handle123

Handle123

Thank you, it is going, had another round of it yesterday, am still anemic and my Coumadin levels is still high at 5.0, I take blood thinners as I had double blood clots couple years ago, when it rains, it pours. I died on "table" twice -five years ago having a surgery to remove tumor in brain where surgeons go through nostrils then once in nasal cavity go up instead of taking off the nose, very long deal to take out missing golf ball, but every since my experiences, I am calm if I should croak. Sometimes I do ask good Lord to take me home, living is very hard, but my doctor says I am a very hard SOB and most likely die like most of males in Mother's side of over 100yo, I hope not. Go out as I came in, pissing in my pants, dribbling, talking but not making any sense, only thing I can sqeeze women's buns and get away with it. Money doesn't bring you happiness nor does it bring you a brand new body. Nurses I have at home I think love when I get treatments, lose my voice completely and most of the time I sound like a mobster. Well, like in trading, got to keep going, dig in, find what works, buy kneepads for sleeping in bathroom. Those who have gone through this and lived know bout the kneepads as you do spend much of few days in bathroom. Peppermint candy great for these times for stomach, and makes breathing easier, gingerale and lots of ginger root for stomach and dizzyiness.
    https://www.naturalcandystore.com/product/peppermint-swirl-organic-candy/all-products
    I try to laugh once a day, have many send me jokes.

#161     May 19, 2015
  2. Man, that's seriously intense. Peace to you brother---i can't even imagine. surf

#162     May 19, 2015
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I doubt any of the kids understand any of this, but some of us do. That's why I have to laugh at what they consider important, including these silly message board foodfights.

If you are unaware of Tampa's old threads, you might enjoy them. I believe this was the first (Tampa had medical issues as well; unfortunately, his did not work out).

#163     May 19, 2015
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Thank you and all others and PM's. I have had life time of poor health, I was just born wrong, medical history is three phonebooks thick, as insane as this sounds, you just get use to it, and yet I feel very fortunate, after awhile, you simple don't feel most pain, but it is the extra pains that cause your mind to think not normal patterns. Actually losing memory is big hugest fear as I can tell is slipping away, frustrating and yet very thankful for life I have lived. ES is open.

#164     May 19, 2015
  5. Handle123, thank you for sharing. I wish you the very best.

#165     May 19, 2015
  6. Have you considered the Ross Hook? I'm not sure what it is exactly, but my understanding is that it's used in trading.

#166     May 19, 2015
  7. heypa

heypa

Redneck., I read that book while in college for a quick read and a quicker book report back in the late 40's.had only an hour to read and write the report. That poor guy.Kinda like Mr. Roberts.It did have an impact.Hadn't thought of it since. Not a pleasant memory. At 89 my biggest concern not fear is to become totally dependent on someone else directly. We are all dependent on others for our very survival, but it is so indirect we aren't aware.

#167     May 23, 2015
  8. Zombies

#168     May 23, 2015
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Yesterday when I was young
    The taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue.
    I teased at life as if it were a foolish game,
    The way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame.
    The thousand dreams I dreamed, the splendid things I planned
    I'd always built to last on weak and shifting sand.
    I lived by night and shunned the naked light of the day
    And only now I see how the years ran away.

Yesterday when I was young
    So many happy songs were waiting to be sung,
    So many wild pleasures lay in store for me
    And so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see.
    I ran so fast that time and youth at last ran out,
    I never stopped to think what life was all about
    And every conversation I can now recall
    Concerns itself with me and nothing else at all. . . .

--Charles Aznavour

#169     May 23, 2015
  10. JTrades

JTrades

Over the years and decades the vast majority of my fears, one by one have shown themselves to be nothing more than misled beliefs that never quite materialized. The few that did materialize ceased being fears and became experiences.

So now, what is my biggest fear? Continuing to let fear rule and failing to take action.

#170     May 23, 2015
    Frederick Foresight likes this.