What is your single biggest fear in life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Thunderdog, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Not to worry. All you need is a sturdy umbrella for those nasty cow pies. I think marketsurfer may sell them with his logo tastefully embroidered thereon. Operators are standing by.

#131     May 9, 2006
  2. pattersb

pattersb Guest

"Let's take a few moments for a bit of self-indulgent introspection, by answering four questions."

Something tells me this will take up much more than just a "few moments"

#132     May 9, 2006
  3. Actually, I talked to a 73 yr old guy who says his biggest fear is "prostate scraping." He told me about going in for this procedure and I had to stop him .

Anyway, my biggest fear is losing all my money in a nigerian 419 scam.

#133     Jun 10, 2006
  4. Cheese

Cheese

Well, Trish, to summarize Tolle I suggest it is instead about 'stillness' and if anything how to interrupt & stop thinking for periods of retreat.

I like your reference to the 'holes' in the individual because you can have a reaction to someone's real or imagined 'hurt' to you without hardly thinking about it or even remembering it.

And while I like the notion behind 'What the bleep do we know' which is empowering the individual, it is in fact very fanciful and unproven in its claims.
    :)

#134     Jun 11, 2006
  5. Gays taking over the world and banning straight couple marriage.

#135     Jun 11, 2006
  6. GBL

GBL

Getting rid of your girlfriend and then years later she becomes the next "Hollywood movie Star" or a fixed income trader at Goldmans earning millions.

:eek:

#136     Jun 11, 2006
  7. ending up in hell

#137     Jun 11, 2006
  8. dagobaz

dagobaz

1): alzheimer' s. or a stroke which induces a similar condition: imagine living the rest of your life as a zombie, without being aware of the damage you cause to all around you ... a truly living death. dreadful ! nothing else bothers me a whit, except for the paranoid fear of being long 100 in the minis when someone nukes chicago ....

2): i monitor carefully for any signs of the disease ... this does make me somewhat paranoid ... i dread nights when i do not get enough sleep ... on balance, i do not think this phobia has affected my outcome much, at all ... it exists, and i am aware of it

ps: i am never long 100 mini' s

#138     Jun 11, 2006
  9. tyrant

tyrant

Fear of death is a universal fear which is seldom discussed in great length. This is the most complete description of the process of death from the Tibetan Buddhist point of view. Excellent read.

The Tibetan Book Of Living And Dying

#139     Jun 11, 2006
  10. patoo

patoo

having been a co-caregiver for an Alzheimer patient in my house. Trust me its worse. In the beginning the patient is aware of the damage he is causing to the family as the care givers lie thru their teeth. The patient hates the situation and wishes he was dead.

p.s. Dago...they think its got a genetic component...anybody else in your family had it..:D

#140     Jun 11, 2006