What is your preference: Rich & Stressed or Average & Easy Money?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Jul 15, 2015.

RIch and stressed or average middle class but easy money?

1. Rich and stressed

2. Average but easy money

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

"and (I)believe"... therein is our difference of "opinion".

#11     Jul 15, 2015
  2. I don't agree. I always trade the same size but sometimes I have stress and sometimes not. So it does not depend on money. I have stress if I initiate a trade and the market does not make a perfect move for my system but jumps up and down for hours. Then I have stress because I have problems to see if I am right or wrong, not for the money, but for keeping control over my system. I am only worried about the performance of my system, not about the money. If my system performs bad it can mean that my edge is gone, that gives me stress.

#12     Jul 15, 2015
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

In some computer programming languages "!=" means NOT EQUAL.

#13     Jul 15, 2015
  4. I am still reading: Programming for dummies. :)
    So we agree about stress.

Naamloos.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    #14     Jul 15, 2015
  5. w
    Man, I know what that is like. I had two sons at the Haverford School. Kindergarten for both of them cost more than a year at my wife's PhD program-- ridiculous and a total waste of money in retrospect. surf

#15     Jul 15, 2015

6. we do finally agree. i went to fairfield prep (as my son will), my daughter is at an all girls prep...i think the local HS's are just as good if not better...but it is what it is

#16     Jul 15, 2015
  7. I bet we agree on much more than that.

I was born very lower with a miltary civilian father and stay at home mom ( who had me at 17) so i never had the chance to go to private school-- i had succesful wealthy relatives in beverly hills with yachts and hollywood connections-- but my immediate family didn't really get along with them aside from a yearly visit--- so when i had the chance to send my kids to private school i jumped at it

But aside from the ultra high tuition and constant fund raising efforts ( my ex wife spent $800 on a goldfish trying to outbid some titan of industry heir mother at a charity auction). Sh:t like this happened all the time. Because we coukdn't compete with the other families ( man the parties were awesome-- one positive) but my ex insisted to try. It sucked big time.

Then i looked at the recent alumni list. Aside from a few senators etc several succesful folks, the majority were lazy artists, peace corp workers and running cat charities. Typical lazy trust fund kid stuff. I pulled them both out in 2nd grade and it was the best move

surf

#17     Jul 15, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  8. Fundlord

Fundlord

Dono about you but I see a bunch of average stressed motherf$$$ out here struggling.

#18     Jul 15, 2015
  9. Is both : rich and not stressed impossible?

#19     Jul 16, 2015
  10. Anyone who has ever had substantial funds knows the answer.

#20     Jul 16, 2015