What does everyone do for streaming news?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Surreal, Aug 25, 2004.

1. andy@ntkn

andy@ntkn NeedToKnowNews.com

We have gone to great lengths to investigate the dissemination practices of Business Wire and PR newswire. The only response we get from them is that you should see all the stories at the same time, but you must get the feeds from a middle man unless you have the capability to convert their raw data into readable text. Hence, the speed in which you receive these stories lies in the hand of your middle man.

#71     Nov 2, 2004
  2. Is seems this thread got off topic again to nothing more than self-promotion for needtoknownews as Scientist pointed out. The real point here is needtoknow news has no legal distribution of Bloomberg news and we tried them and they read verbatim every single news headline for two weeks and the same goes for Reuters.
    This post has been particularly interesting so I called my reporter friend whom works in DC and asked whom is in the room with him at the Deptment of Labor. There are only 8-10 people allowed in the overly small embargoed room Andy speaks of. Not even 1 national newspaper is allowed in this room. Bloomberg has 3 people, Dow Jones has 2 or 3, Reuters always has one, and my buddy whom works for another major wire and Trade The News, CNBC, etc. Andy is yet again trying to be like Trade The News by saying they do everything thing TradeTheNews has done for years on a 2-man budget for a quarter of the price. Now how is that possible?

More interesting is I called my rep at TradeTheNews, showed this to them, and asked him whom FuturesTrader71 is and why he seems so bent out of shape on a service I have come to rely upon for years. They did some research and the head of network operations came back and said FuturesTrader71 is a trader in Atlanta, GA whom was disconnected twice for non-payment from TradeTheNews last summer so go figure.

So here you have it folks needtoknow news should answer the question of the exact legal means how and whom is on its staff to produce stories at the exact same time as Bloomberg and Reuters written the same exact way? Seems to me this is all self promotion and bogus not addressing the fact that after reviewing needtoknow news for two weeks it does not have manpower or legal means to be a newsreader for profit. In my 4 years as a client TradeTheNews has proven to me superior analysis.

-T

#72     Nov 3, 2004
  3. Oh my god. This is awesome!!!!!!

Firstly, I am amazed at this revelation. TTN has done some investigating and has determine that I'm in Atlanta.... That's awesome.

Actually, I'm in Atlanta, NYC, LA and Chicago at the same time. In fact, I'm a maha-avatar... I am unbounded by space and time. You can only contact me through a Ouija board.

Come on.... call your rep and ask them to check their "sources" again. I am certainly not in Atlanta. On this board, I make no attempts to argue with anyone and I do my best to help others whenever I can. Anyway, I'm not here to start an argument. I apologize if I offended anyone including TTN.

Secondly, I am not "so bent out of shape on a service...". I just presented my opinion of the service. I have also been a paying customer for a long time, but I have seen the service take a slide. In fact, I paid for the service in advance initially semi-annually and then I started doing it quarterly because I was noticing that it was not as good as the price-point would lead me to believe.

I respect your opinion and you should do the same for my opinion. I'm not asking for you to drop them. By all means, pay for the service that serves your needs. It doesn't serve mine and so I stated why and who I think is better.

Again, it is very enlightening to see that the most common way members of this board use to state their opinion is to somehow discredit others. Then it turns into flame wars and things really go down hill. I don't wish to engage in this sort of behavior. Several times already this week, NTKN came out with breaking news at least 10 to 15 seconds ahead of TTN including Kerry's "projected" lead in Ohio which might have caused the sell-off yesterday afternoon. Not to mention the subway shutdowns and the "suspicious briefcase in NYC" that closed down a couple of blocks in the city. TTN reported these much later. This isn't me being "bent out of shape". This is what actually happened. I can hear both services at the same time all day long.

Anyway, I will not comment further in this thread. My comments can be ignored by those who don't agree. It doesn't make a difference to me. A simple PM commenting about my comments here would get your disagreement addressed by me in detail and with respect. Your attempt to discredit me here is misdirected and not appreciated.

Good luck to you all. :)

#73     Nov 3, 2004
  4. andy@ntkn

I am sorry that you are so misinformed Trader Dawg. We are staffed by well over 2 people with adequate funding, do have perfectly legal dissemination practices, and do have a staff reporter on Capitol Hill. You shouldn't believe everything you hear. With regards to the bit about self promotion, I was merely answering previous posts much as you answered mine. I find it a bit odd that you have such strong anti NTKN feelings. Perhaps you are the one that is bent on shameless self promotion. I like the bit about the research that was done on Futures Trader. Great detective work guys. Did you get the DNA tests back yet?

#74     Nov 4, 2004
  5. traderob

traderob

It looks that way....

#75     Nov 4, 2004
  6. andy@ntkn

I will have to agree with FuturesTrader that the kind of inflamatory rhetoric that has begun to snowball is highly counter productive, and as such will no longer respond to such rubbish on this post. I am more than happy, and in fact look forward to being contacted diretly to discuss the concerns of customers and would-be customers. We can be reached at 312-663-7176.

-Cheers

#76     Nov 4, 2004
  7. FuturesTrader71 again is wrong in declaring that n2n news has superior analysis. They do not have any press-credentialed reporter registered within a 100mi radius of DC says my buddy who has White House credentials. Maybe WA state?

The subway matter this week was already called in to TTN before it hit any wires by its police stringers from the NYPD and they informed us it was nothing. It was double confirmed by the guy that works the police radios. k2k simply reads headlines...that's what you get for $99 a NEWSROBOT with no experience or capabilities to back it up. Remember marketsound how many of us are using that today-nobody?

Again getting on topic they have 2 guys who read verbatim off the Bloomberg which is ILLEGAL copywrite infringment Andy just liek the last 2 start-ups from TX in the past 4 years. And to shamelessly comp subscriptions so they too can look like independent k2k supporters on this forum is a transparent and easy for the readers to divise.

If anyone would like to talk further with Trade The News they can do what I did years ago and apply for a free trial at www.tradethenews.com and see what you get for your money --if you can even get k2n to actually work.

-T

#77     Nov 5, 2004
  8. Just tried LOS.net as suggested in this post. I'm computer illiterate, but got a message I've never seen before that said, "This site is attempting to access information not under its control. Do you wish to continue?" I didn't wish to continue.

In the 30 seconds or so that I was there, I read the front page that said something to the effect that its news readers were former asset managers with billions of dollars under their control. That may be true, but it didn't pass my smell test. There's no reason a simple reader needs to be paid what a former asset manager would presumably get.

#78     Dec 21, 2005
  9. ZenMusic

ZenMusic

I've been day trading for 3 months (many years very active investment trading before that) .. I find at least 50% of my trades have some news involved. It often takes longer than I expected to effect the market, but very often I see the direct relationship ... using IB news, Benzinga, Bloomberg.

#79     Nov 4, 2015
  10. I'm in the livetraders.net chatroom. their chatroom has built in live news

#80     Nov 12, 2015