What does Brexit mean for the stock market?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jamie J., Jun 24, 2016.

1. Could someone explain why exactly they did decide to exit the UK?
    Also I think markets overreacted at first just because no one was really expecting them to actually exit the EU, now that the shock is over people realize that they have 2 years before anything significant will come to change and even when it does they are a large country and will more than likely be just fine. Though I'm not sure of the EU

#21     Jun 29, 2016
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is a nice V recovery, nothing happened, nothing to see here...

#22     Jun 29, 2016
  3. Amalgam

Amalgam

ESU16 +82

;)

#23     Jun 29, 2016
  4. ironchef

ironchef

Good prediction. Looks like you were correct.

But lets wait a few more weeks.

#24     Jun 29, 2016
  5. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

"In other words hand over the keys to the house".
    The EU is built on deception, so if the George Soros's of the world want them in the EU, than its probably a bad idea. So is it so bad, that the UK wants to be its own Boss?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    #25     Jun 29, 2016
  6. Europe is saying we're about to have some more fun again. Nearly FIB perfect, just xtreme

#26     Jun 30, 2016
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

Everyone tells you you live in a democracy, and if you don't like something you can vote to change it. UK, US, whatever. Then when you actually do it, lots of people don't like it, and tell you it's not right. I wonder what George Orwell would think of all this

#27     Jun 30, 2016
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

As far as markets go, there's a big split between the currencies and equities. And bonds.

#28     Jun 30, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Gold, gold, gold but as always be ready for some big adverse moves out of nowhere. Gold seems to love to do that. Options seem easier that way

#29     Jul 1, 2016