What do you think about Shark Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nic.cheus, Sep 24, 2013.

1. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

ST's web site is down. Probably went out of business.

#91     May 4, 2017
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Someone in this thread stated just about 1 1/2 months ago said he was with them and things were good.

Do you know for fact that they are now out of business ?

I ask because I just went to their website and it was working just fine but just a "little" slow to load.

#92     May 4, 2017
  3. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

#93     May 4, 2017
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I went to https://sharktraders.com/

This is an old thread. Thus, I didn't use the older link first posted in this thread. Instead, I used the "most recent" link that was posted when I notice the difference in the links.

I assumed they're just one of those companies that had a website shark-traders.com (originally posted link) for awhile because the sharktraders was not available when they wanted it and then when it became available...they changed links to sharktraders.com (most recently posted link in this thread).

If that's the situation, that's the fault of their webmaster that didn't attach a re-directional link from the old link to the new link.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    #94     May 5, 2017
  5. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

I see it. Pretty nice site. Strange they didn't forward the old one to the new one.

#95     May 5, 2017
  6. kerido

kerido

Hi everybody, I have received a couple of inboxes asking if I'm still trading with Shark Traders, so decided to post here as well. Yes, I'm still trading with them and they are in business; their website is sharktraders.com

#96     Jul 2, 2017
  7. traderjo

traderjo

Hi Kerido, had few question
    - Do the y allow overnight trading? or only day trading with that 1:30 leverage
    - Normally to join a prop firm in USA you need a Series 7 licence like Bright trading for example
    ( unless you are on a salary)
    Could you please clarify also there is no street address on the website

#97     Jul 4, 2017
  8. i think it`s a load of bollox.imho.thank you.

#98     Jul 4, 2017
  9. kerido

kerido

Hey,
    Yes, I trade overnight with 1:4, and they said they will give me 1:10 for pair trading (haven't used yet though)
    It was discussed above, that non US firms don't require licenses and 20k start capital so that's the point of joining such firms
    Didn't get about the address, you better check it directly with ST representative

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    #99     Jul 6, 2017
  10. traderjo

traderjo

- Since this business model of such a "Prop" requires you to put money in as compared to the very top level props where you are employed for your talent and you dont out any risk money all these due diligence is required before parting with your money
    - Rember High leverage in Equity within a good jurisdiction is not easy to get !
    - Why I asked about address is becasue a reputable firm will not shy away from disclosing where and under which jurisdiction they are based!
    - Obvious non us based "firms" dont need US licence but then the question then one should raise is what sort of jurisdictional oversight the country they are based in has so if things go wrong what recourse the Trader Investor has! ... remember couple of things..1) This is not like having own account with a broker dealer but our money is co mingled with other traders/ partners! of the "Firm" dont confuse with when they say "oh but the "Firms" money is protected becasue we use US regulated broker dealers under SIPC protection "
    The very fact some of these so called "Prop or pretend prop are not regulated in UK or USA or some other EU or even places like Singapore is simply becasue they dont want the scrutiny that comes with it.. do you know to start a Financial firm/ brokerage firm in place like Seychelles is under $10000! LOL
    So Kerido best of luck and hope not only you make money but hope you can withdraw it

#100     Jul 7, 2017