What do you guys think about Nick Shawn and his little hedging strategy.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rbigsby, Jun 28, 2023.

1. rbigsby

rbigsby

This guy has the holy grail of forex trading. And he's been doing it for years apparently. Claims to have made millions:

I'm skeptical that his strategy would work if you tried to turn it into a robot therefore I'm not sure his strategy is a real strategy. Also, if you have to use unregulated junk forex brokers to implement the strategy then I'd consider that a downside too...in one of his videos he said that 50:1 leverage is just not good enough not for his strategy.

But what do you guys think??

2. rbigsby

rbigsby

he acts like its such a simple strategy/system but it takes him how many videos to explain it? hundreds? i wonder how many people tried his little hedging strategy and ended up blowing their account...because that's probably the downside of his method. blowing your account. that and excessively large drawdowns sometimes and having to pay swap fees on open positions and holding over weekends to find out the market moved against you more than you wanted and then getting a margin call or whatnot...but he has overcome these things to be a millionaire with only a 50% win rate...

i'm intrigued since he doesn't seem to be holding back any secrets but dang.

paulsfz likes this.
  3. What broker is he using?

4. maxinger

maxinger

There are millions of such trading videos on the internet.
    Those traders claim to make millions of dollars.

You will need many lives to watch all those videos.
    The question you should be asking is :
    Out of those 1 billion trading videos, which one shall I watch?
    You can try adding filters like
    - HONEST TRADER
    - GENUINE DATA
    - REALLY AUTHENTIC TRADER
    - TRUE LIFE TRADER ....
    but I doubt it will work.

Did I watch the above videos?
    Hell no!

Happy watching !!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Slow Learning Elf, MACD and zdreg like this.
  5. traider

traider

• The key message of this video is that the trading strategy being discussed involves using support and resistance zones on the daily, four-hour, and one-hour charts. The trader draws two zones below and above the current market price and sets alerts for when price reaches these zones. If price breaks below a zone, the trader assesses the potential loss and uses a position size calculator to determine the lot size for the trade. The trader also sets alerts for potential profit-taking zones. If price goes up and bounces into profit, the trade is closed. If price breaks below a zone, the trader enters a hedge position, and if price goes sideways, the trader may retest the zone and adjust their position accordingly. The strategy relies on the understanding that price will either go up or down and that support and resistance zones provide opportunities for buying or selling. The trader emphasizes the importance of keeping the strategy simple and not overcomplicating the process. Even if the trader makes mistakes, they can still be profitable by following the strategy.
    • In this YouTube transcript, the speaker discusses their trading approach using support and resistance zones and hedging. They recommend taking profit at the next zones if the trade goes in their favor and hedging if it doesn't. They emphasize the importance of controlling risk and keeping things simple. The speaker claims that their approach has been profitable for about 15-17 months, except for one month. They also mention their free telegram channel where they share live trades and setups. They discuss their risk management strategy and how they can double a trading account in around 1-4 months with a maximum drawdown of 30-40%. They encourage viewers to develop their own trading approach based on the concepts they teach. They acknowledge that trading is risky and there is no guarantee of success. The speaker concludes by offering more in-depth videos on their trading approach on their channel.

MACD, trend2009 and artak like this.
  6. rbigsby

rbigsby

In one of his videos he said he used a handful of "unregulated brokers".

7. I don't trust someone with more than 1 pair of eye glasses

8. GoldDigger

GoldDigger

I am leery of anyone who posts frequent YouTubes
    touting their strategies, income, or lifestyle, whether
    it's about stock trading, or any other business.

Why do people divulge their methods for free, when
    they could sell them. And if they are making so much
    money, why do they need to monetize YouTube.

I think that most of these people are phonies.

murray t turtle, MACD and maxinger like this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

Many people are fascinated and mesmerized by such videos.
    Many OPs have posted similar 'fascinating and mesmerizing videos.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  10. cesfx

cesfx

You better be skeptical...

FX hedges (buy eurusd - sell eurusd) are not real... You are just freezing the loss.
    A real FX broker wouldn't even let it happen, it would obviously close the position with the opposite trade.
    You need to trade this nonsense via an otc bucket shop for that to be possible.

A real hedge... It's your stop loss!
    Or some spread trading with different future expirations. Or some spread trading with a correlated pair... Or some future options to use instead of a stop loss...

Hedging with the same instrument at 1 to 1 it's nonsense.

#10     Jun 29, 2023
    comagnum, Axon and MACD like this.