Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Mark2m

Mark2m

For years I had struggled to make a living from trading. About seven years ago, I luckily found and joined the Denver Trading Group. For $60 at that time per year, we had seminars, meetings, etc.. with the best traders in the world stopping by. Since many of them were in Denver to 1) ski 2) promote their latest seminars and possibly a just published book, we were given the option of having mini seminars for $25 on Saturday AM.

I and most of my fellow members learned a great deal from the best of NY, and Chicago. Quite a few of these traders had unique styles but certain commonalities were prevalent. Price (candlesticks), Volume , MA's, and Fibs (support and resistance) were predominant in all these meetings.

You don't really need an expensive online academy, or a seminar which cost a small fortune and your retention is negligible. Find out what works for you, off course the above is important, and read and find some Wycoff, Gann, Pesavento, whatever makes you successful and trade with confidence and a plan.

#131     Apr 27, 2011
  2. hey marketsurfer.... nice call on the s & p today.... LOL

No stops?

An average downer eh?

I'm done with you.

#132     Apr 27, 2011

3. I'm far from a guru and make lots of mistakes. Don't follow me, Mike!

#133     Apr 27, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Momentum: a derivative of price that never lags price. Enjoy the ignorance and stubbornness your OTA training has trapped you in.

#134     Apr 27, 2011
  5. Nicely stated.
    Few know how to accurately read it though.
    Fewer still care to learn.
    Even fewer understand the importance.

#135     Apr 27, 2011
  6. genelongo

genelongo

"dsave": if you are having problems with your CDs, please email me at gene@otahq.com and I will have someone help solve this or any other problem you are having with our company.

#136     Apr 27, 2011
  7. Folks, If you truly want educated on how the market actually works read " trade like a hedge fund" by James altucher. No need to pay for rehashed data from anyone

OR/and

Spend your money as a deposit at a reputable prop firm with a stake in your success. Training this way assures that you learn what's working right now... Let me tell you, it's not "indicators" or red light green light type stuff.

#137     Apr 28, 2011
  8. Is this your trading bible?

#138     Apr 28, 2011
  9. dsave

dsave

So I was contacted by OTA about the discs not working and they replaced them with another set that works perfectly. As much as I riled on them in this thread, I do have to acknowledge that their customer service did a great job helping me out. :)

#139     May 16, 2011
  10. dv4632

dv4632

+1

One of the best posts I've ever read on a trading forum.

I've never used OTA so am not trying to defend them. But just saying there's no way to guarantee success in trading. If everyone made money then there wouldn't be a market. You need the many losers to feed to few winners.

#140     May 16, 2011