US is no different than Greece

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Jun 16, 2013.

america is headed the way of greece, argentina

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. maybe

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. i don't care as long as no FTT is passed

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

The challenge is on!

#71     Jun 19, 2013
  2. I don’t think the US is quite Greece, but I do think some of the debt problems need to be addressed. It should concern Americans that the debt is so high and has no foreseeable way to be lowered.

#72     Jun 21, 2013
  3. zdreg

zdreg

as to the document you presented the last line says it all Dr. Jin Zhongxia is Head of the Research Institute at th
    e People’s Bank of China
    This article is
    his personal view and may not represent the opinion of PBOC

furthermore it is unlikely any chinese official would say anything that would precipitate a run on the dollar. since they sitting with a lot of dollars the goal is to diversify out of dollars with the least market disruption.

#73     Jun 21, 2013
  4. zdreg

zdreg

why do you feel that way when the US is made up of 50 states with each one = to greece + a federal goverment = 30x greeces. if you add it all together it is a fiscal disaster.

#74     Jun 21, 2013
  5. +1

#75     Jun 22, 2013
  6. The significant difference I see between the US and Greece is that the US can use its military to extort the world.

The situation is like two people who start running up debt, one, Zorba, is eventually forced to work more hours and spend less. The other, Sam, is able to run around stealing from everyone else in the neighborhood.

It will just make the end far worse for the US, although at least for some segments of our society we will be able to delay the day of reconing awhile.

#76     Jun 22, 2013
  7. achilles28

achilles28

?

#77     Jun 22, 2013
  8. ??

#78     Jun 22, 2013
  9. antaram

antaram

???

#79     Jun 22, 2013
  10. achilles28

achilles28

haha.

What do you think of Kyle Bass, pushing his JGB short trade?

Roubini, on the difference between net creditor and net debtor nations, in regards to sovereign debt sustainability?

#80     Jun 23, 2013