US is no different than Greece

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Jun 16, 2013.

america is headed the way of greece, argentina

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. maybe

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. i don't care as long as no FTT is passed

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Look, seriously, one would hope that Iraq would best illustrate how difficult it is for the US to even control the affairs of small unpopular country. The US can't afford these kind of enterprises, never mind the moral implications of this stupidity.

Try using force like you say and Americans will suffer in unbelievable ways. You sound like Hitler in pre-WW2 Germany.

#31     Jun 17, 2013
  2. Again, you are missing the point. If the US really wanted to, they could have easily taken care of iraq with a push of a button. Do you realize how many secret operations the CIA has performed against leaders who didnt agree with the US? Do you remember them putting the Shah of Iran back in power? Do you remember them taking him out of power? I mean, if you think the US actually lost to a couple of insurgents in iraq, you are gravely mistaken.

And again, the fact comes to this, who is going to call in the debt for the US government? If the US government falls, the entire house falls. The euro debt crisis, even the financial crisis was one room of the house. If the US falls, the entire house crumbles. So please, if you really think the US is on a downward spiral explain to me where you will put your money? Is your savings in Euros? Yen? Francs? Didnt think so

#32     Jun 17, 2013
  3. Suffer how? This country was BUILT on using force. I am not advocating any use of force, but statements like that are ridiculous. ww2 got this country out of the depression, did people suffer then? Please explain how people will suffer. Let me guess, there will be a run on the dollar right?

#33     Jun 17, 2013
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Feeble minded human. We've got Area 51, buddy. The "grays" are on are our side :eek: :eek: :cool:

#34     Jun 17, 2013
  5. Its sad because just like the rest of the public if you saw any of these planes when they were first introduced you would secretly wonder if it was a UFO . Youd probably be scared half to death.

Wait, you are WAY above the US public right?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/06/04/six-top-secret-aircraft-mistaken-for-ufos/

If you saw the new secret aircraft, youd think the same thing as they did in yesteryear. If you dont think area 51 has secret crafts, you are more ignorant than Kudlow.

#35     Jun 17, 2013
  6. achilles28

achilles28

We're debating economics on a trading forum and your 'ace in the hole' is..... Area 51. Okay, buddy. You win.

[​IMG]

#36     Jun 17, 2013
  7. And your 'ace in the hole' is what? That america is doomed. Ok, buddy

[​IMG]

#37     Jun 17, 2013
  8. It has nothing to do with my ace in the hole either, my point is you cannot show me one viable military threat to the United States.

You say China is sophisticated, yet they just developed an anti-satellite system that we have had for decades.

Im waiting for ONE credible threat...just one.

Thats my ace in the hole

#38     Jun 17, 2013
  9. achilles28

achilles28

My ace in the hole is knowledge and logic. Good luck, champ.

A good *book* you might be interested in:

http://www.amazon.ca/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640

It's about how fools in Government, time and again, leverage their Countries up to the tits for war and profit, eventually, blowing out their economy, and currency in the process. Oh well.

Can't happen here, right. Area 51.

#39     Jun 17, 2013
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I believe New York City suffered on 9/11 mainly due to the US having overly ambitious foreign policies over decades. That event is just a drop in pond compared to what would occur if there were a real war involving two large countries and their allies.

Bullies only operate when they are allowed to. I don't respect your right to operate in that way. The resources that countries outside the US have absolutely dwarf US resources, so the only way the US could ever bully the world ( so to speak ) would involved massive disorganization of other countries. Push people hard enough though they usually stamp out the problem eventually.

The only true path for the US is mutual respect and morality. Be a good world citizen everything will be fine. Deviate from it the consequences could be dire for many people, including most Americans.

#40     Jun 17, 2013