UK trader arrested for May 2010 U.S. Stock market flash crash

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I wonder if he is legally forbidden to trade? After all it looks like the whole process is going to take years (I am guessing 2 years more as a minimum), so since his money is tied up, he needs to have funds for lawyers and living. If he can't trade personally, a foreigner with funds could still hire him as an advisor and do the spoofing, I mean high frequency trading. Somebody from Russia or China. At this point, he has almost nothing to lose....Except the mortgage bond of his parents' house.

The way I see it he has 2 choices:

1. After 2+ years (while nobody would employ him for a decent job in the UK) finally losing the extradition and getting at least 10+ years in the US. All his money is taken away.

2. Moving to a time zone a few hours to the East and getting hired as an advisor to a foreign HF. Pay off parents' debt. Get married. Live happily ever after.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    #641     May 29, 2016
  2. luisHK

luisHK

I think he's allowed to withdraw from the frozen funds his legal expenses (or I may be mistaking with King Dotcom's case)

#642     May 29, 2016
  3. just21

just21

The firm that taught Navinder Sarao, the alleged Flash Crash trader, how to play the markets has gone bust after one of its largest traders took out an injunction against it, having been told that he was unable to withdraw millions of pounds of his own money from it.

Futex is understood to have called in administrators last month after the action taken by Gabriele Gandini, an algorithmic trader who told the firm that he wanted to leave.

The City of London-based business came to prominence last year after it was revealed as the place where Mr Sarao learned to

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/firm-where-flash-crash-trader-first-worked-fails-sl8h87s7p

http://www.futex.co.uk/testimonials.php

#643     Jun 14, 2016
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Sad event but one of the risks of being in a prop...

#644     Jun 14, 2016
  5. just21

just21

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

#646     Sep 12, 2016
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Injustice?

#647     Sep 12, 2016
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Most will agree with you but they will also agree that he instigated it with his incessant bickering to SEC...

#648     Sep 12, 2016
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

The future PM signed his extradition papers. That has to count for somethin'....

#649     Sep 12, 2016
    dealmaker likes this.
  10. I wonder who counseled the future PM with the advice to take that action.....
    wow, that's the "big one" !!!
    This is so complex that he had to get some advice from someone.

#650     Sep 13, 2016