UK trader arrested for May 2010 U.S. Stock market flash crash

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Corrected for you.

#281     Apr 26, 2015
  2. I know, it was meant cynically.
    When I registered as CTA I had to deliver my fingerprints and proof that I had no criminal records.
    But what was more important: I had to sign a document, stating that I would give up ALL MY LEGAL RIGHTS to defend myself against an extradition to the US. In other words: if American Justice would decide that I should be brought to Court in the US I could not fight this extradition, no matter for what reason they would ask my extradition. I should give up all my rights to defend myself against this extradition.
    Knowing how American Justice abuses extradition you already know what could happen.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    #282     Apr 27, 2015
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Quite a condemnation of the CME, I would say.

#283     Apr 27, 2015
  4. Whenever the trial takes place, could you please let us know, as some people want to attend!!! And some are even asking if there are any "civil parties" joining the complaints as they have a list of questions to ask , as "it is a great opportunity to learn some specific trading techniques I might have missed"(sic).
    Thanks in advance. :):):)

#284     Apr 27, 2015
  5. Damn!!! I might myself join the plane: I might get a book out of it! lol

#285     Apr 27, 2015
  6. Exactly. Notice how quiet they've been over this incident.

#286     Apr 27, 2015
  7. Q
    The same week, high-speed trading firm Virtu Financial Inc delayed its initial public offering. It had revealed on March 10 that it had just one losing trading day out of 1,238 such days in the five years ending December 31, 2013.
    UQ

Why IPO? For what?

#287     Apr 27, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#288     Apr 27, 2015
    Ghost_of_Blotto likes this.
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Whistleblower may get 4 to 12m$...I am speechless. This academic wouldn't have made a dime in the markets, now he is entitled to 30% of Sarao's profits...:mad:

#289     Apr 27, 2015
  10. In the 90's: Michaels Milken pleaded guilty to six counts of conspiracy and fraud related to illegal securities trading after denying a much broader array of accusations. He got 10 years but had to do effectively 2 years. This junk bond case was exponentially bigger fraude than the case of Sarao. We will see what the judgement will be.
    One small detail: Milken was an American and Sarao is not. Probably that detail will be decisive for the judgement. Logically Sarao should get far less than Milken.... but again he is not an American.

#290     Apr 27, 2015