UK Met Office - 2014 NOT the hottest year ever

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Ricter

Ricter

You do the best you can, but you still DO something.

#21     Jan 30, 2015
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Pretty much the same as...

[​IMG]

#22     Jan 30, 2015
    iflyjetzzz and WeToddDid2 like this.
  3. Ricter

Ricter

[​IMG]
    IT'S NOT HAPPENING!

#23     Jan 30, 2015
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

[​IMG]

#24     Jan 30, 2015
  5. loyek590

loyek590

give me a tree ring, any tree ring, and I can prove to you it means something. Hell, I proved to 12 jurors OJ was innocent. Give me a tree ring and I can convince the jury it means whatever you are paying me for.

#25     Jan 30, 2015
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Does anything qualify as something? Our data over the last decades clearly shows us, it's quite convincing, that CO2 is a much weaker greenhouse gas, in its net effect, than supposed in the 1980s. It is water aerosols, vapor, and liquid that dominates the moderation of the Earths temperature. Furthermore, the predicted the dire consequences of rising CO2 require a positive feedback mechanism. This was assumed by the earlier investigators, and all of the earlier models that projected exponentially rising temperatures, if CO2 were to continue to climb, incorporated positive feedback. The more recent data tells us that the feedback is negative not positive. There may be perfectly good reasons to curtail co2 emissions, but it is now obvious that exponential temperature rise is not one of them. I can think of several somethings we might do that have a better chance of preventing destruction of our biosphere than does CO2 emission curtailment. Lets's not spend billions on something that will give us no return. Instead lets encourage use of low CO2 emitting energy sources for other good reasons. And lets promote curtailing of ocean pollution and destruction of the Earths flora. Let's take religion and ignorance head on, and put our resources into education. That would pay much bigger dividends, in my opinion, as would an international effort to promote population control.

Anytime politics, corporate profits, and the popular press gets involved with unsettled scientific questions we are in a bit of trouble.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    #26     Jan 30, 2015
    gwb-trading likes this.
  7. loyek590

loyek590

I'm 100% with you, but it's hard to put my finger exactly on it. Not disputing the science, but concerned how the science is being used for crowd control.

#27     Jan 30, 2015
  8. stu

stu

When you dismiss, ignore, deny, refuse, the direct experimental scientific evidence to the contrary, then anything, such as "our data", qualifies as something to some people.

#28     Jan 31, 2015
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Well in this case let's base our scientific results strictly on raw measured temperature data, not on corrected temperature data, not on projected temperature data, not on any of the other bogus fabrications put forward by the global warming alarmist community. Let's base this strictly on proper scientific method and statistics.

#29     Jan 31, 2015
  10. jem

jem

what an anti science troll you are again. why don't you link to the direct experimental scientific evidence showing man made co2 causes warming... so we can discuss it.

I will tell you why....

there is no direct experimental scientific evidence that man made co2 causes warming.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    #30     Jan 31, 2015