Typical useful life of your trading laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smile, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Status symbol, then?

#31     Nov 2, 2015
  2. I don't know.
    but all I know is...i'm kind of bored with Windows/PC...and am ready for a change.
    I'm using Windows 7 right now, and I'm happy with it...I can't imagine using switching to Windows 8/10... :confused:...I tried them, and like most people...I don't like it. it's a drastic change/feel compared to Win7.

#32     Nov 2, 2015
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nothing cheap or plastic about this and I bet beats Apple:

MSI Ghost Pro

#33     Nov 2, 2015
  4. You're not forced to change, at least not until 2020 or later, when MSFT says support for W7 will end.

I'm planning to stick with W7 as long as I can get away with it.

#34     Nov 6, 2015
  5. crack it open and clean the dust out of the fan.Problem solved. You can look up on Youtube how to do it. Pretty simple really.

I've had an old Dell 17" laptop sitting under my desk running a 24 in monitor for five years without a problem, other than cleaning out the fan lint.

At one point I tried a big 30 in monitor and a big high end tower desktop PC. Total overkill with noise and heat. Yuck.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    #35     Nov 13, 2015
  6. Yeah thx for suggestion but its not a dust issue. I regularly put a high powered vacuum to it.

#36     Nov 13, 2015
  7. I know what you mean by that. bigger is not always better.
    i had a big monitor and a high-end gaming PC once too...it really made the room temperature feel ugghh :confused:

...that's why I kind of want to switch to a basic laptop ...to minimize as much footprint and heat as possible.
    (Also lightbulbs/lamps, the traditional round one produces alot of heat...the modern twisty one's don't.)

I'm currently eyeing this laptop, to replace my desktop PC:
    ASUS ROG G752VT-DH72 17-Inch Gaming Laptop

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    #37     Nov 13, 2015
  8. Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    #38     Nov 14, 2015
  9. #39     Nov 16, 2015
  10. Thx for the clip but in my experience and if memory serves me well a high powered vacuum is just as effective as it will pull everything out - You will likely disagree with this; am I wrong?

#40     Nov 16, 2015