TSLA: Prospects for next 5 years.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jamie J., Jun 17, 2016.

1. His SpaceX is definitely a lot more interesting than the car venture. If the car side was doomed to fail, I don't think the stock price would at its current lofty levels. Although I will say that I am biased toward seeing Musk succeed because of his physics/economics background.:D

#11     Jun 20, 2016
  2. TradeCat

TradeCat

I'm glad investors are buying into the Tesla is great hype. More money for me as they lose.

#12     Jun 20, 2016
    Jamie J. and Michael J. Fletcher like this.
  3. Yeah, I would love to invest in SpaceX, which is way more interesting.

#13     Jun 21, 2016
  4. Agree on that, but you need to choose a perfect moment. Timing is everything in this game.

#14     Jun 21, 2016
    Jamie J. likes this.
  5. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

This is particularly interesting if you also think globally.

#15     Jun 21, 2016
  6. TradeCat

TradeCat

Important thing to realize is that Tesla is not an auto company, but rather part of a technology conglomerate. Which is why Elon's bid to buy SolarCity today is not surprising.

#16     Jun 21, 2016
  7. The first came to mind regarding TSLA buying SCTY, for Musk:

[​IMG]

#17     Jun 21, 2016
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

"....the SolarCity story, it's the company that, a few minutes before this deal was announced, Goldman Sachs said was the "worst positioned" for growth in its sector."

"Tesla shares plunged more than 13 percent to $189.99 in extended trading - amounting to a loss in value of about $4.3 billion, or more than the value of the offer for the other company. Shares of SolarCity rose about 18 percent to $25.02."

"Chanos' short is based on the idea that SolarCity is "really a subprime financing company." Panels are leased from the company. The company also installs them and collects payment after the company signs a 20-year contract."So in effect, if you put on the panels you have a second mortgage on your home because you hope it's an asset, but in many cases it turns into a liability,"

Oh yeah, SCTY's CEO is Elon's cousin.Family who sticks together, lose money together...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    #18     Jun 22, 2016
  9. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Guys, do you like today's news? Tesla buys SolarCity... What do you think about it? What to expect?

#19     Jun 22, 2016
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

100 years ago: (some things just never change)

1916: Tesla Declares Bankruptcy

Even though Tesla had some minor successes, he continued to fall deeper and deeper into debt primarily due to his high overhead. He was called into the state supreme court for $935.00 in unpaid taxes on the Wardenclyffe property. Under oath before Justice Finch, Tesla revealed that he was essentially penniless and owned no real assets. "New York World" ran an embarrassing article exposing Tesla's financial crisis.

https://teslauniverse.com/images/article-new-york-world

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/timeline/1916-tesla-declares-bankruptcy

#20     Jun 25, 2016