Trump to set interest rates himself under secret presidential plan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Amun Ra, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I hope Trump doesn't get JFK'd over this.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-set-interest-rates-himself-171733557.html

Donald Trump’s aides have drawn up secret plans to oust the chairman of the Federal Reserve and allow the president to set interest rates, according to reports.

Allies are said to have drawn up a range of proposals for the way monetary policy could be run in a second Trump administration, including rolling back the independence of the central bank, which has been critical to the functioning of the economy and financial system in recent decades.

Supporters of the Republican candidate have compiled a 10-page document with a new vision for the running of the central bank and monetary policy, according to the Wall Street Journal.

It includes the authority to eject Jerome Powell from his position as chairman of the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee.

2. poopy

poopy

Dude can't balance a checkbook or complete a coherent sentence. Should work great.

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

we are a few votes from the Supreme Court before Biden himself can assasinate trump in the middle of 5th avenue and it will be legal.

4. tango29

tango29

He brought up the idea of going negative when he was president. I don't like that idea at all. I really hope it gets put away quickly and it is just a few of the Republican clown crew coming up with this stupidity.

5. zdreg

zdreg

The country is a couple of short steps from hyperinflation. This idiotic suggestion of Troop will push it over the line.

6. maxinger

maxinger

upload_2024-4-27_7-32-19.png

That was his dream.
    So it might happen.

He has hinted about that when he was a president.

Whatever it is, President Trump will provide tons of trading opportunities for
    the traders.

Actuarial_Fun, DaveV and orbit23 like this.
  7. poopy

poopy

max is a bot with a TBI.

8. notagain

notagain

Ok lower interest rates... but also crush oil prices, I mean all the way down.. down to ten bucks.
    Trump is going to be an economic cowboy, that's all he really cares about.

9. mikeriley

mikeriley

I'll take anyone for President than Mr. Senile currently in office.

10. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

#10     Apr 27, 2024