Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (DJT)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The_Krakenite, Apr 7, 2024.

1. I've been waiting a long time for this.

I refused to partake in the IPO, because I know clear well IPOs are highly biased to be greatly down within 6-months.

Now with the bad earnings report behind us, I feel it's a good time to pull the trigger. Premiums on options are ballistic, which has me tempted to scale in here by shorting PUTs.

The risks are there, Trump dies and the stock goes woke-broke. On the other hand, there are some moats. With only two companies left out there in the Western world that upholds free-speech, that's a pretty strong moat. Not to mention, Twitter/X is no longer public, so there is no way for a retailer to invest into the competitor.

Debating on going long next week, but still hoping for a further drop discount. If that happens, I will look forward to purchasing CALLs. If it doesn't, at least I have premium from the PUTs.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 2.02.02 PM.png

2. maxinger

maxinger

Your writeup is very confusing and contradictory.

I think your summary is

It will be downtrend for the next 6 months

It will definitely be on the uptrend later

I will buy call and sell put now

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

this way he can be right no matter what happens.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

you get that the market cap is like 1000x sales.

My embedded short is emboldened by this post.

TrailerParkTed likes this.
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

It can double or triple in one day pumps. Eventually it will fall to a reverse split level where they will pump and dump again.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. poopy

poopy

Dude. The put premiums aren't ballistic.

7. Moat??? It's a Twitter knockoff with only 5M users, down 39% YOY, and had only $4M in revenue while losing like 10Xs that. I worked for a small software company that had 2Xs the revenue and I believe sold for 1Xs revenue so $10M and it was profitable as it had reoccurring revenue in maintenance contracts and margins on the software was like 94%. It was sold again when OSAS was bought by Aptean and even that company with hundreds of millions in revenue is nowhere close to DJT in market cap...mindboggling! DJT realistically should be worth cash value so a few hundred million as I think it has $300M in cash, down 90-95% from here. Only winner will be Trump when he finally is able to cash out on these clowns.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yep. See what I wrote below. But your last sentence is wrong. No way he gets anything north of $5 share. And that's me being extremely generous.

These people that say blah blah blah.... this is no different than GME... and at least they have sales.

It's stocks like this (and politics aside, it's certainly not alone)... that make me scratch my head and wonder what exactly is the SEC's charter. I mean, an idiot can see it's a rigged game. Anyone with a lick of sense should avoid this thing like the plague. I'm sure Newurldman and the new Destriero here probably have the best plan.... but still.... this thing is a friggin' joke. :rolleyes:

9. This is the video that really made me think regarding the popping of the stock if Trump returns. After debating the risk vs reward, I'm willing to make a wager on a few short-PUTs for now.

vanzandt likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

You're playing against algo's that are fueled by the deepest of pockets, the best of data, and that have one objective... to make money.

Due respect.... all of your logic, no matter how well founded... is absolutely meaningless.

Now... if you can figure out how to coattail those algos in advance.... you'll be in the chips brother. But applying logic to the matter at hand... omg... you're either a newbie or someone that needs to step back and open some demo accounts.... because unless you can intellectually front run the controlling algos and what's up next.... (again---due respect)--- you're chum.

#10     Apr 7, 2024