trend following delusion shattered

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hank rollins, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :confused: :D

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46095&pagenumber=19

#41     Mar 16, 2005
  2. The short version is that you can't prove what you said.

#42     Mar 16, 2005
  3. Nice Lefty, I think mine is prettier though . . . lol

#43     Mar 16, 2005
  4. BSAM

BSAM

I suppose those 19 must not be using price action to help them trade.:)

#44     Mar 16, 2005
  5. Hey Profit:
    I am on lunch break, so I can post a minute. These Esignal charts are my back up for the moment. I am using CQG now for my primary feed. Can't post those charts unfortunately. My point was that it is really pretty straightforward to see trend (I am sure you get it). I use 21 period and 5 period EMA's looking to identify trend on 15 min and 5 min basis. This has worked well for me for years. Really this is the most basic crap. Folks still have to learn to find an entry and keep hands off the mouse while it wiggles around. If a trader can't make it past the first step, how will they make any money? LOL

Lefty

Edit:

I like that chart. Ergodic 28 with breaches identified clearly. Now all thats left is pulling the trigger :D
    Do you stay with the trend or take the counters as well?
    Personally, I take all trades, but reduce position size on the countertrend trades.

#45     Mar 16, 2005
  6. I said 1 hour ago: short

That is all that can be used to prove something.

Your remarks about "other" things that can help me are ridiculous.
    But if you're frustrated all means and arguments are good enough to break down others.
    Jealousy and frustration will never make a good trader from you.

Let the majority decide whether i was right or not instead of some one who is prepossesed.

Lefty was right in his posting.

#46     Mar 16, 2005
  7. I agree. Since yesterday afternoon @ 2 pm the ES has made a LH, LL, LH, LL, LH, LL and currently a LH.
    (my 5 year old knows that is a Bear Trend pattern)
    So every LH was a short to Challenge the last previous LL. Wow, 4 simple profitable trades based on past data. I'm glad people think we are nuts Lefty.

#47     Mar 16, 2005
  8. Prediction alone is not the point here. It's the means of prediction, i.e. based solely on past price, that is the issue.

#48     Mar 16, 2005
  9. I ONLY use OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, so in fact i only use the ticks.
    Prove that i don't.

Look at the chart: i posted where the red arrow stands. Where was the price for the next hour?

I say that i can predict the trend, trade and make money. Because of the high percentage of profitable trades it is clear that it has nothing to do with luck.

#49     Mar 16, 2005

10. no he does not, bro. if he can predict the market 1 -2 hours into the future with 90% accuracy--i don't care how he does it.

with a proven system like that, i'll happily intro him to some major major money.

hank

#50     Mar 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.