Trading is a BUSINESS!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ScottColeFTA, Dec 20, 2014.

1. People go large because they have no other choice. They have not been tricked into it.

The reason hedge funds can succeed making the same bets as the retail is because all they have to do to make a living is making a couple of % a year. For the vast majority in retail, they could not make a living if they get 1000%.

#11     Dec 27, 2014
  2. Um, I make about 10-20% of my capital monthly.

granted my AUM is < 1MM, but still good money though.

#12     Dec 27, 2014

3. Then why are you not as rich as warren buffet ?

#13     Dec 27, 2014
  4. cant scale up, capacity constrained.

ES doesnt love me.

#14     Dec 27, 2014
  5. Well, that explains it then. If you are going to be poor forever, perhaps try doing something else for better return on effort.

But I find this capacity constraint strange. Call out your trade next time. I will put some money on it and see if there is any constraint at my bucketshop.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    #15     Dec 27, 2014
  6. im not poor, still have the day job. my trading is bottom feeding, but making good money, about 60 percent of my income so far this month.

#16     Dec 27, 2014
  7. i trade rather exotic stuff, you prolly dont trade. and especially never forex. retail will get killed there.

#17     Dec 27, 2014
  8. Why especially never forex ? Won't I succeed if I have a business plan and work it like a business ?

#18     Dec 27, 2014
  9. well, according to my ga and svm data mining on an intraday time frame, major forex pairs
    are an extremely efficient market on short time frames, as in theres almost zero exploitable price to price relationship compared to other instruments.

as in you prolly gotta play the news then be a technician on forex intraday.

#19     Dec 28, 2014
  10. I've been trading fx swing & intraday ( like 50 to 80 a day sometimes). Have made 28% this year, was profitable every quarter. I have only been live for 1.5 years and still own a business and do that full time. There are definitely many exploitable opportunities on the short time frames.

#20     Dec 28, 2014