Trading ES, reverse trade based stops

Discussion in 'Journals' started by romik, Mar 19, 2015.

1. romik

romik

I spoke with someone recently about this experiment and his view is it's same as betting on red or black in roulette, can someone explain what he may be saying as I have no experience playing roulette.

#271     May 16, 2015
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Evidently you didn't get the memo - consistently profitable trading can't be done

Personally..., I'm glad you missed it :)

Good Job Sir

RN

#272     May 16, 2015
    romik likes this.
  3. I don't see how your strategy has anything to do with roulette. The numbers don't match at all. Betting black or red in roulette would give you a 47.4% win percentage with a 1:1 payout. Obviously a losing proposition.

Your strategy has a 41.4% win percentage with a huge payout (Avg win/Avg loss). Totally different.

#273     May 16, 2015
  4. romik

romik

That's what I thought, perhaps he meant some sort of betting strategy, he wouldn't go into detail.

#274     May 16, 2015
  5. Maybe, but that still wouldn't match what you are doing imo. Betting strategy always has to do with exploiting winning/losing streaks using position sizing. And you just trade 1 contract straight up every time. So you don't use any betting strategy.

#275     May 16, 2015
  6. romik

romik

Position sizing remains the same, but is increased if a losing trade is greater in point value , which would be similar to increasing bets after a loss, like in Martingale.

#276     May 16, 2015
  7. Not sure I understand. Do you mean that after a loss your total account size drops and therefore the next 1 contract trade is a bigger bet relative to the account size ?

#277     May 16, 2015
  8. romik

romik

If an average loss is -5pts and then next loss comes in at -10 pts, that could be compared to doubling your next stake after a loss in Martingale strategy. I don't know, he didn't explain. Perhaps he meant that average reward could shrink in time, making it similar to 1:1 payout in R&B betting.

#278     May 16, 2015
  9. steve2222

steve2222

@romik,

Did you keep this experiment going?

If so do you mind sharing the summary stats for month end May?

Thanks in anticipation.

#279     Jun 3, 2015
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Well done Romik. And thank you for sharing.

#280     Jul 1, 2015