TradersStudio Site Relaunched , TradersStudio Turbo now released

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We running a few days behind, so I think the seasonal will be available on the site by February 20th. CycleStudio will be available by the end of the month.

#31     Feb 11, 2015
  2. traderob

traderob

Tradestation is one of my brokers and i get their data intraday for free. Does traderstudio offer me significant advantages for developing strategies?

#32     Feb 15, 2015
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

First I did not know that the data is free, I am paying hundreds of dollars a month for real time data at TradeStation. You can get delayed for little money on many exchanges but not free , except forex and a few things like that. Second of all any intermarket analysis requires you to have real time for all series involved because they stagger the delays.

Second ,yes. TradersStudio has many advantages. TradersStudio is designed from the ground up to do portfolio and money management based systems. You can optimize across a basket and find the best set of parameters across the basket. You can do many advance money management concepts like dynamic re balancing. In addition we have 3 built in backtesters, the one which show the reports and 2 other which can be used for other purposes like filtering a system based on the equity curve.

Another big advantage is for stock and ETF traders. TradersStudio handles splits and dividends correctly using what we call TradersStudio Stock analysis. If you are backtesting using only split adjusted data your backtested results are just junk. Trading using split adjusted data on a basket requires the same dollar value for equity to be valid. This means you can't implement even simple money management strategies like volatility based ones in equities and get proper results.

For more info on trading equities with TradersStudio

#33     Feb 16, 2015
  4. traderob

traderob

Thanks. By free i meant i get the 15 years of backdata free. Of course I pay fees for the live feeds from the exchanges.

I couldn't grasp the rest of your post . My indicators and strategies are all coded in easylanguage. How do I use them with ts?
    Do you have dozens or hundreds of indicators already available that i can insert?

#34     Feb 16, 2015
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes, I have a big collection of built in functions and indicators, plus you can convert most functions and strategies from EasyLanguage to TradersStudio with very little work using the migration tool.

The rest of my posts is simple TradersStudio can do many things that TradeStation and portfolio maestro combined can't even begin to do.

#35     Feb 16, 2015
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I think I need to do a tutorial on converting EasyLanguage code to TradersStudio , I been getting question on ET about this as well as email and phone. I had one on the old site, but it was not moved over. I think I will redo it.

#36     Feb 18, 2015
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Universal Seasonal will be releases next week. The manual shows a S&P500 seasonal system which makes 3600 points on the S&P500 with a first trade in 1992.

#37     Feb 20, 2015
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I have seen some interest based on email about trading Spreads using TradersStudio. Do you think it would be a good topic for a tutorial ?.

#38     Mar 2, 2015
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

#39     Mar 3, 2015
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

#40     Mar 9, 2015